This system is running a desktop environment! This setup is not supported.

• hello

very happy user since a few years. First on an HP microserver, afterwards on an Odroid HC, now on an (older) HP workstation, with a lot of cpu power (what I was missing on the odroid :) )

trying to upgrade my installation, so I have the new php (so I can upgrade my nextcloud an ampache).

root@Z800:~# omv-release-upgrade

Upgrading system to 7.0 (Sandworm) ...

I get this 'error' ... it i strue I had an X isntallaton, with a xfce instllation that I reached over vnc (it a headless server) an I stop and start this. Now - I understand you want no issues with this (and it would be better to do this is a virtual machine or docker or something, but didnt take the time to fiddle with it.

I tried to remove all the X tings (x11 , ldxe , xfce, ...) but it is still giving me this problem.

what packages (?) is the omv-release-upgrade looking for? so I can really remove them all.

thank you!

HP Z800 Workstation running OMV.

also running Nextcloud for home home use, Motioneye for CCTV, Ampache for listening my music around the world

Dual CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault/deb/openmediavault/usr/sbin/omv-release-upgrade at 6.x · openmediavault/openmediavault
    openmediavault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux. Thanks to the modular design of the framework it can be…
    github.com

omv 7.4.8-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.5 | k8s 7.3.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.9

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thank you for the swift reply, but .....

root@Z800:~# apt remove gdm3 sddm lxdm xdm lightdm slim wdm

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree... Done

Reading state information... Done

Package 'gdm3' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'lightdm' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'lxdm' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'sddm' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'slim' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'wdm' is not installed, so not removed

Package 'xdm' is not installed, so not removed

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

root@Z800:~# omv-release-upgrade

Upgrading system to 7.0 (Sandworm) ...

root@Z800:~#

also running Nextcloud for home home use, Motioneye for CCTV, Ampache for listening my music around the world

• thank you !!

(there was some sddm-theme installed)

• speeskeek

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I newly installed raspberry pi OS and selected the lite install. When I try to install OMV I get the desktop environment error.

I ran the dpkg command and the system did not return any results. Do you have any other suggestions on how to install OMV. I had been running OMV on this raspberry pi for a couple of years now and it ran great.

uname -a:

Linux raspberrypi 6.6.31+rpt-rpi-v8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 1:6.6.31-1+rpt1 (2024-05-29) aarch64 GNU/Linux

• Offizieller Beitrag

I newly installed raspberry pi OS and selected the lite install. When I try to install OMV I get the desktop environment error.

I ran the dpkg command and the system did not return any results. Do you have any other suggestions on how to install OMV. I had been running OMV on this raspberry pi for a couple of years now and it ran great.

uname -a:

Linux raspberrypi 6.6.31+rpt-rpi-v8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 1:6.6.31-1+rpt1 (2024-05-29) aarch64 GNU/Linux

Follow the instructions on this link. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…omv7:raspberry_pi_install

OMV will not work alongside a desktop environment.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!