Make the omv Web Gui full width

• Hello,

I recently installed openmediavault 6. On the Web Admin GUI, I noticed that the web application isn't full width, it's leaving some space (with blue background) on the left and right. I would like to make it full width (without zooming in the content inside the browser). My Monitor resolution is 2560 x 1440. Is there any css changes I can do to make it full width so I can show more content?

Thanks

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

DDHello,

I recently installed openmediavault 6. On the Web Admin GUI, I noticed that the web application isn't full width, it's leaving some space (with blue background) on the left and right. I would like to make it full width (without zooming in the content inside the browser). My Monitor resolution is 2560 x 1440. Is there any css changes I can do to make it full width so I can show more content?

Thanks

I was actually wondeirng this the other day.

• Click Ctrl+mouse wheel to change to your liking

Thanks for your reply.... but like I have already mentioned in my original post that not looking for Zoom in content in the browser... instead looking for full width application so it can display more content....

• I was actually wondeirng this the other day.

I was able to achieve that.... although my solution does require directly modifying the index.html.

nano /var/www/openmediavault/index.html

add the following style

omv-workbench-layout { max-width:100% !important; width: 100% !important }

• Offizieller Beitrag

DDHello,

Thanks

You can't. The limitation is done on purpose because you will have no benefit of having a working area that is 2560 pixel wide. The dashboard will not benefit from it and wou will have to move the mouse much further to access the action buttons on the bottom right of each page.
    You will also see this artificial limitation in many other projects and websites because it is simply better from a UX point of view.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!