Topton BK-1264NP-4L ver 1.5 (Intel N100 124 * 122 * 38)

• Of the 4 boards I bought to consider assembling new small DIY home NAS, this is the one I'm using. I wasn't going to post this one as I'm very good with a rotary tool and that's an unrealistic expectation for most but, luckily I don't belive I'll have to cut on it after all.

page: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805444933753.html

(box branded as "Topton", seems to really be a BK-1264NP-4L, search for support here (I didn't find any): https://www.bkipc.com/en/Mini-Soft-Router.html)

BIOS Version: BK-1264NP Ver: 1.5 09/28/2023 17:23:35

BIOS Vendor Version: AMI 2.22.1287

For CPU speed, m.2 NVMe speed and 2.5gbe speed, check these links as everything is the same: BKHD-1264-NAS (Intel N100 mini-ITX) and here GMKtec NucBox G3 (Intel N100 107mm x 107mm x 28mm)

Notable features:

- it's size 122 * 124 * 44 (38 without lid/bottom)

- optional 2-pin screw terminal block for power

- PCIe 3.0 x2 m.2 header

- 1 sata header and power via 4-pin IDC header (0.8 pitch)

- 8-pin front panel header

- micro SD card slot (untested)

- mini 4-pin IDC CPU fan header

- thick aluminum passive case, it's heavy and sturdy

- 4 * 2.5gbe

Power usage is identical to the "GMKtec NucBox 3" I posted.

Disadvantage:

A notable disadvantage is that the case is the heatsink, so there's no holes on the board for a dedicated heatsink. An easier work around is to invert your new heatsink/fan on seperate aluminum plate and then drill the 4 holes in that plate matching the board's holes. That's easier than it sounds as you can use the supplied lid/bottom for the donar plate. However, I'm personally probably not going to do that, I'm probably keeping it with it's aluminum top/heatsink and making sure there's airflow.

I made the holes drawing with my digital caliper as I don't have a fancy optical scope to do it for me :-/ So, error will be +/- 0.2mm, but that should be fine to prototype with.

• Targets NAS users with only two storage ports and no PCiE slot?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Another Topton stuffed with 8 - 2.5 G ports.

That's a ripoff, with a heatsink it's $288! BTW, "Topton" doesn't appear to be anything other than a rebranding company so, it's extremely probable that it can be found by other brand names.

The board I went over in post #1 I picked because of its size combined with its features. Notably, it can be powered by any 12v supply, including ATX PSU yellow (12v) & black (GND) wires, commonly known as "PCI-E" and/or "CPU". That's notable for small builders that want the power cables of a ATX PSU for the HDDs but not all the extra wiring of an ATX, like the 24-pin or fan headers. It's a good board, I just with the USB was on any other side.

• Targets NAS users with only two storage ports and no PCiE slot?

My assumption is the ethernet ports would be the connections for the raid but that requires a back end drive bay that has similar.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

Processor Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Linux 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8

• My assumption is that whoever wrote that article up on Tom's Hardware doesn't know what he's looking at.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That motherboard makes no sense for a NAS.

A NAS doesn't need 8 network ports, it needs 8 storage ports.

Even the 4 network ports on the motherboard in this thread make no sense on a NAS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!