Spindown not working - where do I find hdparm?

• Hi I am new to OMV/Raspberry/linux.

I googled alot regarding the spindown not working and came across hdparm. However neither do I find hdparm (sudo hdparm.... results in: command not found) nor hdparm.conf. To be honest I dont really understand the drive/directory structure anyway. I couldnt even find my disks, let alone the sd card with omv or my shares in mc.

Anyways, how would i install hdparm, and why is it not there, as I understood it should be part of omv or is used by omv

Thanks alot

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You can set the spindown time in the GUI of OMV for each drive.

• You can set the spindown time in the GUI of OMV for each drive.

I know and I have set a spindown time and apm at 127. It doesnt seem to do anything. Is there way to check if drives are spinning - besides trying to hear them?

• Is it a Seagate USB drive? If so you can set this through the Seagate Windows app.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• its a WD mybook duo with WD reds AFAIK. If I remember correctly, I did set a spindown in the Windows app. But I don't know if that has any effect when it is connected to the Raspi - apparently not

• DanielA

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!