no acces to webgui/ssh after enabling wireguard (plugin)

• Hello,

Tried solving this problem by myself and searched this forum for similar error but no luck. I'm trying to get wireguard through the plugin (custom) to work with the following configs:

After a reboot the terminal shows that a connection is made with the mullvad server on a different external ip. Google is pingable and the curl ifconfig.io command verifies the external ip. But I cannot access the webgui, nor ssh.

Then I made a change (AllowedIPs) to the config with the help of nano editor and some info on this forum:

After a reboot the terminal shows a the normal public ip. No vpn connection has been made. This time it is possible to access the webgui/ssh.

A final change in the config (dns) didn't help:

The wireguard config is newly generated on the mullvad website with killswitch enabled. I've noticed when I make a change in /etc/wireguard/wgnet_mullwg.conf (AllowedIPs) and after a reboot the webgui doesn't reflect that change.

Thank you in advance!

• Try regenerating the wireguard config with the killswitch DISabled.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Seems like you have run into this before, no?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Seems like you have run into this before, no?

That was a problem with a docker container. Since then I used binhex qbittorrent which functions really good. I wanted to try the wireguard plugin now, thus having all my clients in my household using a vpn.

• Thank you for the suggestion. All seems to work now. Webgui/ssh is reachable with vpn connection enabled through wireguard plugin. I really want killswitch for obvious reasons enabled. Any ideas?

No ideas, I'm not a coder.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I wanted to try the wireguard plugin now, thus having all my clients in my household using a vpn.

To do that you need a point-to-site configuration. In this article you can see how to configure it. https://www.procustodibus.com/…ard-point-to-site-config/

I don't know if you want to connect to a remote server that you own or a commercial remote server. If it is the latter, you will have to consult that provider about what they allow you to do. You will also have to adapt the iptables configurations to what that article says for it to work.

• To do that you need a point-to-site configuration. In this article you can see how to configure it. https://www.procustodibus.com/…ard-point-to-site-config/

I don't know if you want to connect to a remote server that you own or a commercial remote server. If it is the latter, you will have to consult that provider about what they allow you to do. You will also have to adapt the iptables configurations to what that article says for it to work.

That's not what I mean. Every client has individually been configured to use a vpn connection. In the future I will configure opnsense to do as you suggested.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!