Excellent OMV6 -> 7 upgrade experience and Thank You!

• As OMV7 has just been released, I suppose many users are wondering whether to upgrade, now, later or not at all. I certainly did.

Obviously, forums typically underrepresent those having no issues compared to those, who experience issues and are looking for help.

I'm posting to counter that picture: I just upgraded from 6 -> 7 and had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I came from OMV4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7. This was by far the smoothest upgrade experience I've ever had! :)

A big, big THANK YOU, votdev and ryecoaaron. Great job, indeed! :thumbup:

• I also just run an upgrade from OMV-6 to 7.. No issues, no problems, easiest/smoothest upgrade I have seen in OMV. THANKS to votdev and ryecoaaron for an outstanding work.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Ich möchte mich gerne mit in die Reihe der problemlosen upgrader begeben. Wie sah eure Vorgehensweise aus?

-> reicht das Kommando "omv-release-upgrade" ?

Oder ist hier mehr zu beachten?

Gelesen habe ich dass im nachhinein in den Plugins "openmediavault-md" zu installieren sei?

Vielen Dank

____ ... __________

I would like to join the ranks of problem-free upgraders. What was your approach?

-> is the command “omv-release-upgrade” enough?

Or is there more to consider here?

I read that later in the plugins "openmediavault-md" should be installed?

Thank you

• Offizieller Beitrag

Follow these steps that were written for OMV5 to OMV6 upgrade, but are also valid for OMV7

You can skip step 3 as all plugins have been ported.

I read that later in the plugins "openmediavault-md" should be installed?

Only if you use raid or plan to use raid

• question for all the people who had a smooth upgrade experience, what plugins / services are you running?

did everything work out with docker, disk-encryption, media-shares and so on or did anything cause manual fine tuning?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

what plugins / services are you running?

I have tested upgrades with all of the plugins installed.

did everything work out with docker, disk-encryption, media-shares and so on

Yes but that is why you backup a system before doing an upgrade.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just to add my Thanks here too.

But at first it didn't go well, two attempts (using steps in the guide mentioned above) failed, still left with ver 6 then unable to access at all. These attempts I ran the commands from WeTTY within the web browser, I noticed that some actions stopped due to file being in use!?!.

So the third & successful attempt I ran commands from the server screen login (after reinstalling my os drive backup).

So did having the web browser Dashboard open cause the errors?

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) / Linux 6.1.0-20-amd64 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!