Stuck in OMV 6.9.6 , - wana update to the last 6 version and upgrade to 7

• Since a couple of moths I am stuck in OMV 6.9.6 , add DNS settings and i could update debian packages when run omv-upgrade, not update alerts in web and lost smart monitoring at dashboard, say "No monitored devices" !

Maybe a problem of repos, but why? i did not touch anything, and i did not find any data about changes in OMV repos!

Any idea? thanks

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Since a couple of moths I am stuck in OMV 6.9.14-1 , add DNS settings and i could update debian packages, but not OMV version!

Maybe a problem of repos, but why? i did not touch anything, and i did not find any data about changes in OMV repos!

Any idea? thanks

Without seeing errors it is difficult to guess. Publish the result of:

omv-upgrade

Use a code box (create it with the </> button in the forum button bar)

I don't know if what you want is to update to OMV7. If that is the case the command is omv-release-upgrade but you must first update the system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 6.9.14 is the latest version for OMV 6, isn't it?

At the moment I think so. But it is also necessary to update the plugins first.

• francospaleta

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Stuck in OMV 6.9.14-1 , - wana update to the last 6 version and upgrade to 7“ zu „Stuck in OMV 6.9.6 , - wana update to the last 6 version and upgrade to 7“ geändert.
  • Without seeing errors it is difficult to guess. Publish the result of:

omv-upgrade

Use a code box (create it with the </> button in the forum button bar)

I don't know if what you want is to update to OMV7. If that is the case the command is omv-release-upgrade but you must first update the system.

Sorry! here you have:

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't understand what you mean.

iam stuck in 6.9.6!

This implies that you cannot update.

run omv-upgrade and now i have 6.9.14

This implies that you have updated to 6.9.14.

no updates alert in web, not plugins updates, etc..

Why do you say you don't have plugin updates? Publish the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openme

And we can see which versions you have at this moment.

• At first i could not update, 2 moths i was stuck in 6.9.6, yesterday add DNSs, but no update alerts, so a run omv-upgrade and see debian packages updating! Back un web console, i loose smart monitoring, and not see any update alert, maybe all was updated with omv-upgrade, but iam not sure, like you see in the code pasted of the run of omv-upgrade there are a lots of "ign" so i think that was a repos problem! here you have the code od dpkg:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                     6.9.14-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats           6.0.5-1                              all          openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
    ii  openmediavault-filebrowser         6.0.8-1                              all          openmediavault File Browser plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             1.0.2-2                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the openmediavault archive
    ii  openmediavault-wetty               6.0.7-1                              all          openmediavault WeTTY (Web + TTY) plugin

its all ok, i can run omv-release-upgrade now? Maybe with that smart monitoring at dashboard back!

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

At first i could not update, 2 moths i was stuck in 6.9.6, yesterday add DNSs, but no update alerts, so a run omv-upgrade and see debian packages updating! Back un web console, i loose smart monitoring, and not see any update alert, maybe all was updated with omv-upgrade, but iam not sure, like you see in the code pasted of the run of omv-upgrade there its a lots of "ign" so i think that was a repos problem! here you have the code od dpkg:
    Code

When you add the DNS server, the server can now connect to the Internet and search for web addresses. But pending updates will not automatically appear in the GUI unless you force it by pressing the search button. Updates are checked automatically every 24 hours, it would have been out tomorrow.

Everything looks fine. You should be able to upgrade to OMV7 if you want to do so.

• Since a couple of moths I am stuck in OMV 6.9.6 , add DNS settings and i could update debian packages when run omv-upgrade, not update alerts in web and lost smart monitoring at dashboard, say "No monitored devices" !

Any idea? thanks

if you want to upgrade to OMV7 you need to execute other command, not omv-upgrade.

The correct command to upgrade to OMV7 is omv-release-upgrade

• When you add the DNS server, the server can now connect to the Internet and search for web addresses. But pending updates will not automatically appear in the GUI unless you force it by pressing the search button. Updates are checked automatically every 24 hours, it would have been out tomorrow.

Everything looks fine. You should be able to upgrade to OMV7 if you want to do so.

I pressed search update button, but nothing appear! Any way i update to 7 right now, but sadenly smart monitoring at dashboard didnt back!!

better open other post with this error?

thanks

• I pressed search update button, but nothing appear! Any way i update to 7 right now

The upgrade to v7 won't show as a regular update.

You need to run the command on CLI

• Offizieller Beitrag

I pressed search update button, but nothing appear! Any way i update to 7 right now, but sadenly smart monitoring at dashboard didnt back!!

better open other post with this error?

It is not an error. Upgrades from OMV6 to OMV7 are not displayed in the GUI. In post No. 2 I already told you that to update to OMV7 you need to execute the omv-release-upgrade command in the CLI.

• It is not an error. Upgrades from OMV6 to OMV7 are not displayed in the GUI. In post No. 2 I already told you that to update to OMV7 you need to execute the omv-release-upgrade command in the CLI.

ok thanks, at that point i didnt know that omv-upgrade update all the system! The only problem with that command was that broken smart at dashboard!

• francospaleta

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • francospaleta

Hat das Label Upgrade 6.x -> 7.x hinzugefügt.
  • broken smart at dashboard!

You need to enable Smart(on the OMV WebGUI) for the desired HHDS to see on dashbord, this is because some users do not want to see All his HHDS only the HHDS monitored.

• You need to enable Smart(on the OMV WebGUI) for the desired HHDS to see on dashbord, this is because some users do not want to see All his HHDS only the HHDS monitored.

Thanks, thats true!!! Working now!!

I dont know why loose this setting for just run omv-upgrade, maybe any update reseted that!

Thanks for the help guys! great software OMV!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!