Swag certificate not renewed

• I just realized my automatic renewal for the swag certificate failed, just wondering if because I move my docker directory out of var/lib. So now how to fix it?

Compose settings at the section

Leave blank to use a custom /etc/docker/daemon.json

I use to have this

Code
    {
        "data-root": "/var/lib/docker",
        "runtimes": {
            "nvidia": {
                "args": [],
                "path": "nvidia-container-runtime"
            }
        }
    }

Modified it for

Code
    {
        "data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-9cd27ed0-ef9a-4346-ae1e-5e835ba05832/Media2/docker",
        "runtimes": {
            "nvidia": {
                "args": [],
                "path": "nvidia-container-runtime"
            }
        }
    }

Not sure if it is the reason since the appData for the swag has not been changed?

• Bring down the SWAG stack.

Pull and bring it up.

If it doesn't solve it, bring down, save your proxy confs and delete the swag config folder.

Put it up again. It will recreate the cert.

Redo your proxy confs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bring down the SWAG stack.

Pull and bring it up.

If it doesn't solve it, bring down, save your proxy confs and delete the swag config folder.

Redo your proxy confs.

Isn't there a "keys" folder inside the swag config folder?.. I don't ue swag anynmore, but i seem to remember that. Seems you could just delete that folder and redeploy.

• Isn't there a "keys" folder inside the swag config folder?.. I don't ue swag anynmore, but i seem to remember that. Seems you could just delete that folder and redeploy.

Yes. Might work also.

Wrote this from memory and I prefer to do "clean slate" to avoid any leftovers.

• Isn't there a "keys" folder inside the swag config folder?

That should work.

I don't use swag anymore either but, it's worth noting that it does find the correct link however, it expects a symlink. When you used 'cp' to move everything, did you use -L, --dereference, follow symlinks? Regardless, it's a pain that swag makes those symbolic because a few containers I've used, ie. "mailu", will look there by default but will not work with symlinks.

• Bring down the SWAG stack.

Pull and bring it up.

Redo your proxy confs.

It did works and I forgot; I also moved the AppData on the same disk without removing the original, did not see any change for a while

just question about the subdomain.conf

the original line

set $upstream_app emby;

does not work but

set $upstream_app 192.168.50.50;

which is my local IP is working?

• set $upstream_app emby;

does not work but

set $upstream_app 192.168.50.50;

which is my local IP is working?

The syntax of the question is a bit strange.

If you are asking why it work's with IP and not by name means that your emby container isn't running on the SWAG network and you need to call it by the server IP.

To avoid this you need to edit the emby container to use the SWAG net.

For eg, I use the SWAG container with this network:

Code
    #  This section creates a custom docker bridge network called swagnet. 
    #  The driver line makes sure it is a bridge that can be used by other containers
    networks:
      default:
        name: swagnet
        driver: bridge

And on all other containers:

Code
    #This section attaches the container to the custom network created by the SWAG container.
    networks:
      default:
        name: swagnet
        external: true
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Another way to do that, if you already have swag running... (below assumes your swag container is named "swag")

Code
    docker inspect swag | grep NetworkMode

example.. this is my jellyfin container...

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# docker inspect jellyfin | grep NetworkMode
                "NetworkMode": "jellyfin_default",
    root@openmediavault:~# 

so, assuming you used "swag" as your container name, in all likelihood your swag network mode is "swag_default"

Now, just add the "network_mode" line to your emby stack.

Code
    ---
    version: "2.1"
    services:
      jellyfin:
        image: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin:latest
        container_name: jellyfin
        network_mode: swag_default
        environment:

Then redeploy emby..

• assuming you used "swag" as your container name, in all likelihood your swag network mode is "swag_default"

Why would it be "swag_default"?

FWIW, if you know you're putting related containers together, you should create a network yourself aside from the default.

Code
    sudo docker network create "media" --subnet "172.18.0.0/16" --gateway "172.18.0.1"
  • I picked this method above for the set $upstream_app emby; (Working :)) if you guys thinking a better way let me know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would it be "swag_default"?

FWIW, if you know you're putting related containers together, you should create a network yourself aside from the default.

Code
    sudo docker network create "media" --subnet "172.18.0.0/16" --gateway "172.18.0.1"

Because a lot of folks in the past setup services with portainer stacks. With Stacks, if you don't declare a network name, a network is created, and it's naming scheme is "container-name_default"

I was not suggesting this is the only way, just saying this is why on many older/migrated installs, it's not uncommon for "swag_default" to be swags network name

• Got a problem with plex
    network_mode: host able to reach reach ip:32400

network_mode: swag_default give me white page

jellyfin same white page working with IP:8196 and network_mode: host but can reach it remote with network_mode: swag_default but not both!

and for nexcloud unable to reach it either

No issue with Emby or navidrome both working local and remote

EDIT:

working Nextcloud

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!