Where is Docker & Portainer in OMV7

• Hi,

enable the docker repository as shown in your screenshot and install the "compose" plugin. There you will find all the neccessary for your docker setup.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• I got this error :

Click on the bell on the top right corner and copy/paste the full error inside a code box.

• Err:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-lib2to3 all 3.11.2-3 Temporary failure resolving 'deb.debian.org'

Check your network settings.

You have a DNS issue

Problem #6

• OMV7 is completly different for Docker and Portainer, is there any tuto ?

The wiki is a good start:

omv7:omv7 [omv-extras.org]

And also, the forum:

omv-extras 6.3 / openmediavault-compose 6.7 - Updates/Upgrades - openmediavault

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OMV7 is completly different for Docker and Portainer,

This changed in OMV 6 over a year ago.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It seems not only completely reasonably but 100% sane to have a working DNS after install. What is the problem with this, it's has become a rampant problem for OMV users.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

What is the problem with this, it's has become a rampant problem for OMV users.

If people switch their system to a static ip and don't specify a dns server, how do you propose we fix this? I highly disagree with defaulting to 8.8.8.8 or some other public server.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• So it comes down to going against personal preference or against human expectation?

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

So it comes down to going against personal preference or against human expectation?

I'm not sure what that means. Even Windows doesn't default a dns server when setting up a static ip. Not defaulting to a public dns server isn't a personal preference (I use 8.8.8.8 sometimes). It just isn't a good to have a default for a network setup that is meant to explicitly define the settings.

• I'm not sure what that means. Even Windows doesn't default a dns server when setting up a static ip. Not defaulting to a public dns server isn't a personal preference (I use 8.8.8.8 sometimes). It just isn't a good to have a default for a network setup that is meant to explicitly define the settings.

OK

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!