Where is Docker & Portainer in OMV7

• Hi,

enable the docker repository as shown in your screenshot and install the "compose" plugin. There you will find all the neccessary for your docker setup.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• I got this error :

Click on the bell on the top right corner and copy/paste the full error inside a code box.

• Err:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 python3-lib2to3 all 3.11.2-3 Temporary failure resolving 'deb.debian.org'

Check your network settings.

You have a DNS issue

Problem #6

• Thank you Soma

As it is a fresh install, I have forgot some parameters.

OMV7 is completly different for Docker and Portainer, is there any tuto ?

• OMV7 is completly different for Docker and Portainer, is there any tuto ?

The wiki is a good start:

omv7:omv7 [omv-extras.org]

And also, the forum:

omv-extras 6.3 / openmediavault-compose 6.7 - Updates/Upgrades - openmediavault

• Official Post

OMV7 is completly different for Docker and Portainer,

This changed in OMV 6 over a year ago.

omv 7.3.0-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.1.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It seems not only completely reasonably but 100% sane to have a working DNS after install. What is the problem with this, it's has become a rampant problem for OMV users.

• Official Post

What is the problem with this, it's has become a rampant problem for OMV users.

If people switch their system to a static ip and don't specify a dns server, how do you propose we fix this? I highly disagree with defaulting to 8.8.8.8 or some other public server.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.1.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• So it comes down to going against personal preference or against human expectation?

• Official Post

So it comes down to going against personal preference or against human expectation?

I'm not sure what that means. Even Windows doesn't default a dns server when setting up a static ip. Not defaulting to a public dns server isn't a personal preference (I use 8.8.8.8 sometimes). It just isn't a good to have a default for a network setup that is meant to explicitly define the settings.

• I'm not sure what that means. Even Windows doesn't default a dns server when setting up a static ip. Not defaulting to a public dns server isn't a personal preference (I use 8.8.8.8 sometimes). It just isn't a good to have a default for a network setup that is meant to explicitly define the settings.

OK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!