Btrfs/ZFS support

• Hi Volker
    Glad to see the project is doing good :)

My NAs dies a couple of days ago... i've been using freenas with ZFS since i added the initial support for it...back in 2008.

I'm going to do a fresh install and decided to give OMV a try.

I do need something similar to ZFS and was wondering if there is any plan to support brtfs/ZFS? Is there any WIP ?

cmps,

Nelson Silva

• There is a zfs plugin that is about 75% done right now. So, it is coming :)

omv 5.6.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No but it is available here. Just remember it isn't complete yet.

omv 5.6.9 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.5

• ryecoaaron: Do you know if import of zfs volumes is working already? Would like to migrate a system from freenas with existing 4drive zfs to omv

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV Stone Burner

• I think so but don't hold me to it :)

• yeah, but i have to admit that i have no time to read into zfs stuff carefully so the gui looks more tempting ;)

Tom

----

• I can report back that I succeeded to import ZFS pool (3 separated pools, total 12TB) from OmniOS+Napp-it applicance to OMV 1.0, which I installed extra ZFS plugin, everything went well. Just be sure export your pools at first, and right now there is no any GUI implemented, all your commands must be executed in console, but I believe it's really simple and easy.

OMV 1.0.x built in ESXi 5.0 U3
    3x2T WD Green + 1x2T Seagate + 4x3T Seagate
    1x500G Seagate for dedicated BT/PT download
    LSI9211-8i pass through

• Because we believe in the mysteries of tech ;)

No seriously: i have around 50tb of storage here, most stuff is on backup, some data even double. But some not so important things are not ...

Tom

----

• Because we believe in the mysteries of tech ;)

No seriously: i have around 50tb of storage here, most stuff is on backup, some data even double. But some not so important things are not ...

I would think I need to seriously reevaluate my life if I had 6tb of "not so important things"... :)

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!