HPE Proliant Servers

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see the card in lspci output. I would add sata_sil and sata_sil24 to modules.conf and reboot.

echo "sata_sil" >> /etc/modules.conf
    echo "sata_sil24" >> /etc/modules.conf

I assume disks are connected to the controller? I would check the output of fdisk -l after rebooting.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have added the two to the modules.conf and rebooted.
    Then I run lsmod and lspci and I still don't see it.
    I have also connected a JBOD to both the usb3 and the sata port. THe system sees the usb3 JBOD but not the sata one.
    The results of lsmod and lspci are as follows:

I wonder if the card is a dud? Maybe order another one? which one will you recommend?

I have donated. have you?
    OMV 2.2 running on HP Gen 8 G1610T server, 16GB RAM + Xeon E3-1220

• Offizieller Beitrag

The card should show up whether the module loads or not. The module didn't load when it was in your modules.conf either. I would guess the card is bad or the G8 doesn't support it. I had a sil3132 card in my N40L and didn't have to compile drivers.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• It never did. BIOS never acknowledged it. I have ordered one with the ASM1061 chipset so hopefully that will confirm that the controller card is a dud or not.
    If it is delivered this evening, I will insert it and see whether BIOS acknowledges it or not.
    Wonder if there is a list of cards part from HP branded one that the G8 supports?
    Problem is that the HP website is not the easiest to navigate. Even searching for a document id in support is not the easiest of tasks.
    Will confirm later. Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unless HP changed something major between the N40L/N54L and the G8, I doubt the system has a problem with the 3132 chipset. The ASM1061 chipset has been around for a while as well. So, it should be supported but I have never used a board with that chipset. Here is a thread talking about cards that work.

• I received another sata controller based on the asm1061 chipset but it came with a high bracket so I had to send it back and in frustration I purchased this more expensive controller: http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTe…oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 and it should be delivered this evening.
    I am hoping that it will just work outright because after adding more memory and a 2.5" hdd as my boot media, I need to raise another post guiding me as to whether I have attached it properly.
    Thanks

Update
    The card came and I installed and without installing any drivers, started the server and it recognised the card although in bios ity called it an unknown sata controller.
    When it logged into OMV and I ran lspci I got the following:

I believe the card is the ASMedia Technology Inc card so it seems to be working.When I run blkid I get the following:

Which is all the hard disks including the ones connected via the sata card.
    so all good. Many thanks for seeing me through this.
    Now I need to open another thread to move the boot drive from the sd card to the hdd I put in the odd drive.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seanbw ()

• Spoke too soon.
    I am getting errors from the server itself but OMV seems to be OK. Is this a driver issue or something I haven't done?
    This is the error I get from running dmesg:

I think there is a problem with the card? Only I don't know what.
    Got to go out for a while.

Now OMV can't read the hard disks. I am changing them to USB3 for now until I get a resolution to this problem.
    I wonder if I have to load the modules in modules.conf first? If so what do I echo? ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 01)?

• lsmod does not seem to mention the river or the controller. see the output below:

Need to update modules.conf?

• anybody???

I managed to resolve the problem as follows in case anybody has the same issue.

• from system settings - enabled sata legacy mode
    • enabled write cache
    • saved changes

system rebooted automatically and all the disks were read.
    Problem solved

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von seanbw ()

• hi,

i ´ve a small problem. My WR-Red 4TB Backup-Harddisk has a valid GPT Table. One Partition.
    It´s connected via eSATA and inside a Sharkoon Cradle.

OMV show´s a 2 TB Harddisk ... :)
    Why?
    atm it shows only N/A under Filesystems (GUI) :)

br,
    rowie

HP Proliant Gen8 with ESXi6.5

Storage - Raid5 with 4 x 3TB WDRed - System on microSD / Datastore on Samsung 850Pro - 250GB

• thx subzero79,

is it possible to move this post to the proliant thread?

HP Proliant Gen8 with ESXi6.5

Storage - Raid5 with 4 x 3TB WDRed - System on microSD / Datastore on Samsung 850Pro - 250GB

• I know with the omv-extras it is not really an issue any longer, but WD Pi Drive, a slim 2.5hdd with native usb and low power consumption might be an alternative to using a usb stick or SD card as a boot device on newer Proliants.

• At the moment, I'm booting from a SD-Card to a SSD with OMV. In bay 1-3 there 3 HDDs. OMV is building a softwareraid 5 on it.
    I want to install ESXi on a sd card and install a vm with omv.
    Is it possible to use the "old" raid5, so I don't have to backup the data for the implementation?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can pass the hard drives thru to the VM and OMV will have no problem them. This is easy when you can pass the raid controller in the vsphere client thru to the VM. Otherwise, if you don't have a raid controller, you have to create an RDM file for each drive - read. I do both on my esxi box.

• OK, thank you.
    At the moment, I have no experience with esxi.
    What is recommended? Pass thru the device or build a new storeage pool using esxi?

Edit: The CPU (G1610T) does not support vt-d. I think I need vt-d for pass thru.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!