[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato Guide [OLD]

• ok i can see there is a binary in the system for 2.7 thats cool.

i've just rolled back the vm snapshot and about to try again, but running the games script in init.d doesnt seem to do anything. i see that the script tells it to run under 2.7, so if its just that one app thats running 2.7 and the rest of the system is running on 2.6, shouldnt SAB still work ok?

• just ran it again, and it doesnt seem to start like it says it is going to via the init.d

manually running "python2.7 Gamez.py" starts the server off again, but its back to the same point i was at before your script, in that it says its running but i cant for the life of my connect to it via web browser (i can telnet to it so the port is open)

• Zitat von "thefunkygibbon"

ok i can see there is a binary in the system for 2.7 thats cool.

i've just rolled back the vm snapshot and about to try again, but running the games script in init.d doesnt seem to do anything. i see that the script tells it to run under 2.7, so if its just that one app thats running 2.7 and the rest of the system is running on 2.6, shouldnt SAB still work ok?

When selecting 2.7, only install Gamez, install the others using 2.6. If you install the other when selecting 2.7 it MAY cause trouble, can't say for sure as only ever tested 2.7 with Gamez.

The init file should point to the 2.7 bin file, but if it does not startup try starting Gamez manualy from it folder
    python2.7 Gamez.py

and if there are any issues it should display them in the shell.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Gamez does take a few mins to start as it makes the database files etc, give it atleast 1 min the first time you start it before trying in a web browser.

• been running for about 10 mins already

root@openmediavault:/GameZ# python2.7 Gamez.py
    ------------------- launch Browser ( 127.0.0.1:8085) -------------------
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Bus STARTING
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread 'Monitor'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread 'Autoreloader'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Serving on 127.0.0.1:8085
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Bus STARTED

(clock is wrong slightly)

• I remember now, stop Gamez from running then edit gamez.ini and change 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0 and start it back up.

Sorry total forgot about that, thought i had a fix for it in the script.

• :edit: for some reason these forums are not taking some of my posts!

got it working ok as you said on my VM

just tried on my main server and its not installing.. piping it out to a txt file i see the following errors when its installing 2.7 from the script... somethings up with the GCC (as has been pointed out before) any clue how to sort?

Reading state information...
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.11.3-3) but 2.13-27 is to be installed
    Depends: libc-dev-bin (= 2.11.3-3) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler works... no
    configure: error: in `/tmp/Python-2.7.3':
    configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

any ideas? :(

• Is this on the same machine you had it compiled on before or is it your main machine?

you could try a force install of that lib using the -f switch then re-run the script to install the other stuff to compile python.

It should work the same as before as it did compile python2.7 already unless you have other updates waiting to be installed (do not think that is it tho)

My system is amd64 with a 2 x intel 3ghz maybe your system uses something else and your virtual system is the same as mine.

• this is my main machine.

it seems that the compiler seems to have broken.

tried removing gcc and installing build essentials or gcc again, no luck

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

-f doesnt make a blind bit of difference :(

• I think (after reading other forums) that your sources list is faulty, i belive it should be installing 4.2 (gcc/g++) but its trying to install 4.3

Can you compaire your VM against your main machine sources list and check if they are the same, if not use your vm source list on your main machine.

• Just checked my versions and i bet it the same on your vm,
    gcc version 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)

That is my vm sources list, i suggest backing up your current one and trying mine, Its what it should be if you used my script and never edited the list yourself or via another app.

Let me know as i may need to add into script a remove line to remove faulty entry.

Miller

• after a lot of faffing around and force installing dkpg -i of libc6 and a few other files like that i have managed to install build-essentials and have compiled it fine :)

seems to be working now, although i'm not sure it was worth all the kerfuffel :)

• Thanks Miller for your script. Studying it, I've been able to add a PlexMediaManager service in my OMV webGUI as you did in your installation.

Don't know for you guys, but SickBeard update has been really difficult for me. Finally, I succeeded in this way :

- stop sickbeard service
    - rename sickbeard folder to sickbeardold
    - retransfer everything thru git to sickbeard folder
    - copy images, cache and db to new fresh sources
    - restart the service (db update went fine)

Since this upgrade, I've been notified of 3 new updates, and they've all installed without any problem. Also, this latest version is quite fast (about 230 shows to manage, and initial loading of main page took ages. Now, it's directly loading on first launch).

• Hi all,

continuing from this thread on the old forum (http://sourceforge.net/apps/ph…c.php?f=5&t=183&start=220) I am still unable to edit Metadata or set ratings etc in Media Player. My shares are set to public read/write everyone and the config.ini for headphones is setting 777 permissions. I can delete and rename files that are downloaded via HP but cannot do anything else. Also another strange thing is i cannot skip through tracks, if i want to jump to the middle of a track it just restarts the song, not even the progress 'blob' moves across the progress bar.

• I'm sorry to still hear your having trouble, but doubt it is to do with this script as your the only 1 reporting issues like this (as far as i can remember)
    I belive the problem lays in some setting you have that myself and most users of this script don't. The script is based on other scripts for other platforms and all it does it setup python and git pulls the apps requested.

Like i have said in the other forums, i have no problem editing, deteting or modifying any of the files that any of the apps have downloaded, either via shell, samba or webui.

You might be better off asking about this on a open linux forum or maybe on sabnzbd's forum as that is what downloads the files and sets permissions.

Miller

• Since editing the congig.ini file for headphones i can now rename delete files and folders but i cannot change metadata or set ratings in windows media player, i must admit it is a wierd issue.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• I still need to use this command to activate sabnzbd web interface after reboot,
    python SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -f .sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini -s NAS_IP:8080

Someone can tell me how to fix this ( and the commands i need to use :) )
    Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!