VDR Plugin

• Hello,

i installed the e.tobi repo today and installed vdr.
    VDR runs i can watch tv from my Laptop over VLC, the Problem is i can't connect to VDR from my XBMC clients. I use the VDR VNSI Client but the Client won't Connect zu the VDR Sever on OMW.

Can anyone Help me?

• Hi,

look an this Thread: vdr: vnsi server 5
    Hope this helps.

Jochen

omv 1.14 kralizec | 64 bit | 3.16 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 1.13
    Plugins: Virtualbox, VDR (e-toby 2.2, jessie, manual), OwnCloud, Backup, MiniDLNA, Openvpnas, MySQL, USB Datasave, USV
    HW:Asrock q1900-ITX / 8GB RAM / 60 GB SSD / 2 TB Seagate Green + 2 TB WD Red = RAID 1 / APC Back-UPS CS 350 / Digibit R1 SAT>IP

• thx i tried this

when i "make" i get this errors

and with "make install" this

• ok i get it working.

But now i have a new Problem i need Softcam or Dvbapi Plugin, can anyone help me. I found some some Information about that but there is no tutorial :(

• for normal usage of VDR ( fta channels) you won't need any softcam or plugin. To watch encrypted channels you will need indeed a sc and other things, but i don't think this is the right place for talking about this topic.

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Hi there,

I'm using OMV, latest Version and a sundtek Ultimate IV DVB-S2 USB-Stick together with the e-tobi VDR Plugin.
    The Device is installed and recognized (checking for devices = 1).
    I start the scan. Channels are found, but the scan stops after a while and no result is saved. I can only close the browser window.

Any Idea?

BR

Ollie

• Hi Ollie,

normally the initial scan takes very very long time.

Sure it has stopped ?

Normally if he finds any new signal it shows a message like:

new transponder:
    (S f = 11626 kHz V SR = 22000 5/6 0,35 QPSK) 0x4043

But anyway you do not have to perform a full channel scan.

You can create your own channels.conf throug http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/index.html

Then just copy this file to: /var/lib/vdr/channels.conf

Software:
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Can you define very very long? Is it hours.
    The thing is, I scans and shows messages like the one you posted. And then no more new messages appear for at least 10 minutes. Is this normal=

ok, I can grab my channels.conf off my reelbox, I plan to substitute.

The thing is, I do not manage to log on via FTP or explorer using root.
    The root user and PW are valid. I can go to the proliant server and log on locally.
    Anyway I do not get remote access or connect via FTP or SMB via my Macbook, even though remote access from root is activated on the FTP and SSH page.

What am I doing wrong?

• Have you enable FTP in OMV ?

The easiest way atm would be to go to OMV Webif, then Enable SSH and check the mark Allow Root login ( erlaube root login)

Then connect with http://winscp.net/eng/docs/lang:de and modify the file.

With SMB as far as i know you cannot get acces to the root directory nor the HDD where the OS has been installed.

Give it a try with Winscp

I don't know how many sat positions you can scan. For me with my card on Astra 19,2 it takes about 40 minutes to perform a full scan. Normaly after i finished the scan you can press close, wich has been greyed out before. Then you can click on the reload symbol and you should see the channels

Software:
    Hardware:

• I have the same problem - how have you solved it?

cya

• On the Webinterface everything is activated. FTP, and SSH and login as superuser. WinSCP says: Connected, waiting for Welcome Message, Access denied...

• You have to those root and the password you set while installing OMV. NOT admin and your OMV WebIF Password. Did you try it like this?

yep I did that. No success.
    I think I will go back to a clean install this weekend and then only activate the stuff I need carefully - not trying out everything as I did before...

• Hello Ollie,

eine Question:

Is in your root password the letter "z" or "y" included ?

As im from germany, during the installation of OMV the english keyboard charset is activated. If you enter an Password with "z" or "y" the letters are mixed. If you then try to login with SSH you have to mix the letters.

Software:
    Hardware:

• better use dvbapi.

You can google for an guide omv + oscam + dvbapi

Software:
    Hardware:

• Hey guys,

I'm trying to get the vnsi server to work, too. But when I do "git clone github.com/FernetMenta/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver" on OMV, the git command could not be found.
    What do I need to do?

Thank you so much!

• Hey guys,

I'm trying to get the vnsi server to work, too. But when I do "git clone github.com/FernetMenta/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver" on OMV, the git command could not be found.
    What do I need to do?

Thank you so much!

Well, apt-get install git could help :whistling:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!