Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

• Regarding on your previous post, the users in NC and OMV users are not related.
    But there is a NC's plugin, I think it's call "External Support" which link to existence users such as OMV.
    There is a Fail2Ban thread in here that have the codes for you to use with NC/OC.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Heya, I got 2 problems after trying som trial and error with google. first of all, unfurtunately I'm not an pro to linux / debian and so on, I know some things, but often just doing guides step by step :)

I installed OMV 3.0.32 (yeah I know this thread is marked for OMV 2, but I hope, most of my errors are the same?) and nextcloud (latest stable release) with mysql (not mariaDB).
    Now my two errors:

I always get the message that the upload limited exeeded 2MB.
    Here is my php.ini => /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini

Code
    ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
    ; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize
    upload_max_filesize = 1024m
    upload_max_size = 2048m

; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
    max_file_uploads = 20

Here is my nginx.conf => /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Both files are just cuted out. If I'm right, the size of 1024m should be enough to upload files bigger than 2 MB and smaller/equal to 1 GB?
    Also in WEB Gui Administration Panel the size is set to 1024m

My 2nd problem is that errormessage in administration panel with this message:

Code
    php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response. Please check the installation documentation for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

I did everything described here => https://docs.nextcloud.com/ser…n.html#php-fpm-tips-label

To be sure, here is my www.conf => /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/www.conf

and this is what printenv PATH tells me:

Code
    root@nas:/etc/php5/fpm/pool.d# printenv PATH
    /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

Could anyone help me out? Thank you in advance. I guess you mentioned that english isn't my native speech. Sry about that.

• nicedevil: I fixed the path error the same way you did (env[path]) and it should work. Did you maybe not restart the php5-fpm after this? (service php5-fpm restart)

Heya, I did everything more than one time. Restarted the services. Not just php5-fpm... also /etc/init.d/nginx restart... nothing helped.
    Hours later I did a whole restart of my server (yeah I know, not necessary but just wanna try everything before I ask anyone else ;)).

Also the problem with my php.ini with that max filesize... maybe I will try the whole thing with my OMV and apache2... not supported by gui but via console.
    Dunno what to do :(

• I did some more testing to php.ini besides max upload size

/etc/openmediavault/php.ini
    upload_max_filesize = 100M
    upload_max_size = 110M

/etc/php5/fpm/php.ini
    upload_max_size = 110M

/etc/php5/cli/php.ini
    upload_max_size = 110M

/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
    upload_max_size = 110M

Nothing helped :(

• hi everyone,

just a little update, although one can install docker on an rpi2 or rpi3, one can't use it to build collabora-on-line for nextloud integration since apparently docker image is build only for x86 architecture and not on an arm device..as mentioned here and here...

thanks for this wonderful tutorial :)

• Hi everyone,
    i have tried to install Nextcloud with the mentioned method on page 1but ass i was progressing through the installation i collided with some problems.
    I'm running OMV 3.0.35, MySQL 3.0.3 and Nginx 3.0.5!
    1. when i create the Folders for MySQL and Nginx i see they are not referenced (Screen 2)
    2. When i try to point MySQL for the DB Folder i created there is not a Database Folder option in MySQL (Screen 3)
    3. After the inserting the file setup-nextcloud.php in www/nextcloud i get the Error Message in Screen 1 when i tried to run it.
    Can somebody point me in the right direction?
    Best regards!

• 3) i had tha same problem, but when I use a https Port it works.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I tried to uninstall MySQL and Nginx and got this Error Message>

An error has occured
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --auto-remove --purge remove openmediavault-mysql openmediavault-nginx 2>&1': Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...Reading state information...The following packages will be REMOVED: dbconfig-common* mywebsql* openmediavault-mysql* openmediavault-nginx* php5* php5-mysqlnd* php5-pgsql* php5-sqlite*0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 0 not upgraded.After this operation, 6931 kB disk space will be freed.(Reading database ...(Reading database ... 5%(Reading database ... 10%(Reading database ... 15%(Reading database ... 20%(Reading database ... 25%(Reading database ... 30%(Reading database ... 35%(Reading database ... 40%(Reading database ... 45%(Reading database ... 50%(Reading database ... 55%(Reading database ... 60%(Reading database ... 65%(Reading database ... 70%(Reading database ... 75%(Reading database ... 80%(Reading database ... 85%(Reading database ... 90%(Reading database ... 95%(Reading database ... 100%(Reading database ... 34946 files and directories currently installed.)Removing openmediavault-mysql (3.0.3) ...Purging configuration files for openmediavault-mysql (3.0.3) ...Removing dbconfig-common (1.8.47+nmu3+deb8u1) ...Purging configuration files for dbconfig-common (1.8.47+nmu3+deb8u1) ...Removing mywebsql (3.6-omv4) ...Purging configuration files for mywebsql (3.6-omv4) ...rm: cannot remove '/var/lib/mywebsql': No such file or directorydpkg: error processing package mywebsql (--purge): subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1Removing openmediavault-nginx (3.0.5) ...Purging configuration files for openmediavault-nginx (3.0.5) ...Removing php5 (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Removing php5-mysqlnd (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...php5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqlnd for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqlnd for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqlnd for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysql for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysql for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysql for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqli for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqli for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module mysqli for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_mysql for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_mysql for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_mysql for cgi SAPIPurging configuration files for php5-mysqlnd (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Removing php5-pgsql (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...php5_invoke prerm: Disable module pgsql for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pgsql for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pgsql for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_pgsql for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_pgsql for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_pgsql for cgi SAPIPurging configuration files for php5-pgsql (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Removing php5-sqlite (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...php5_invoke prerm: Disable module sqlite3 for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module sqlite3 for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module sqlite3 for cgi SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_sqlite for cli SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_sqlite for fpm SAPIphp5_invoke prerm: Disable module pdo_sqlite for cgi SAPIPurging configuration files for php5-sqlite (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.35) ...Restarting engine daemon ...Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...Processing triggers for php5-fpm (5.6.24+dfsg-0+deb8u1) ...Errors were encountered while processing: mywebsqlCreating index of upgradeable packages ...Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:160Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->remove(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('remove', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Plugin', 'remove', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

• i got over the 502 bad gateway problem by disabling then enabling mysql plugin.
    and maybe service php5-fpm restart and service nginx restart
    hope that helps...

looks like you have to start over, and install mysql and nginx plugins anew...

• This is the entry in extra options for the nginx server entry

client_max_body_size 10G; # set max upload size

In nextcloud Server Settings, Additional settings you find afterwards

I have yet no verified it, my nextcloud server runs since today 1st time. Still not using SSL.

• I followed the installation but I want to use nextcloud.. After copying setup-nextcloud.php to my www/nextcloud-folder i tried to open 192.168.178.20:90/setup-nextcloud.php via firefox an I get "502-Bad gateway" nginx 1.6.2

any ideas?

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!