Ripping BD and DVD on OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. Looked for years. I used to use dvdfab, etc on a virtualbox VM running Windows XP. Speed was never an issue with that setup but now I use my main desktop because it is faster when encoding.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

handbrake won't rip some dvds and most blurays.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then you better cancel all the newsgroup reader/file sharing threads... I only mentioned dvdfab and handbrake which do comply with US law (not that this forum is based in the US).

• You do not have to be sharing illegal files. There are plenty legal files being shared with bit torrent or what have you. We had discussion in the past about keeping these type of conversations off the forum for legal reasons. Last thing we want to happen is Volker to get in trouble.

• German laws forbid dsitrubution of any software that allows to avoid active copy protection. Using bittorent is legit. Even using Sabnzbd can be considered legit, since you could've recorded the show in TV, which would be 100% legal, so its not 100% clear wether or not this is legal, if you only download HDTV rips.

PS: Back then there was a feature in Nero Burning Rom which could rip MP3s off Audio Discs. This even worked on discs that were labeled copy protected.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• We had discussion in the past about keeping these type of conversations off the forum for legal reasons.

And thats why we do not allow Threads that show how to avoid the copy protection. If toosl like handbrake can workaround the copy protection, the protection aint real. And in germany you have the right for a private copy of your bought discs. Audio discs are even allowed to be copied seven times and you can give them to your friends.

Last thing we want to happen is Volker to get in trouble.

We don't get him in trouble with that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi!

Is this thread still relevant? I use MakeMKV on my Lubuntu for DVDs I bought to get them onto the server and it is awesome. I use it with a GUI, of course. Is docker something that can enable a GUI on the operating system of the server?

Cheers,
    Ben

• check this out maybe ARM

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!