Is Docker the only way to install emby on OMV

• I am having a lot of issues with emby inside of docker. the guide for live tv will disappear and never come back. any ideas on another way to install emby. and i have watched tecno dads videos yesterday.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As KM0201 says, you can download and install Emby normally, outside docker, as described at https://emby.media/linux-server.html.

I started using Emby that way. No problem. Emby will work fine completely independently from OMV. However you may have the same problem with Emby that way. But you can try it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Emby Docker install serves Kodi on a Pi mainly, to iPads I use VLC so everything is direct play, but in respect of your above image you need to add --cleanup to the Command option in Watchtower that would remove the other Emby image.
    As to your Live TV you might be better served asking on the Emby forum, I don't use it so can't offer any advice.

• My Emby Docker install serves Kodi on a Pi mainly, to iPads I use VLC so everything is direct play, but in respect of your above image you need to add --cleanup to the Command option in Watchtower that would remove the other Emby image.
    As to your Live TV you might be better served asking on the Emby forum, I don't use it so can't offer any advice.

i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything. i cannont even stop watchtower from running. any suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have tried changing watchtower settings and it gives me an error and will not let me do anything.

It does to me, you have to stop then remove it, then re run it, haven't found any other way to add that option.

Or you create a scheduled job to run daily and add this as the command to run docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi this does the same as --cleanup

• It does to me, you have to stop then remove it, then re run it, haven't found any other way to add that option.
    Or you create a scheduled job to run daily and add this as the command to run docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi this does the same as --cleanup

this is the error i get trying to add the command

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker run -d --restart=always -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host -e PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin" --name="Watchtower" --label omv_docker_extra_args="-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock --label omv_docker_container_command="docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi" "v2tec/watchtower:latest" docker images -q --filter "dangling=true" | xargs -n1 -r docker rmi 2>&1' with exit code '123': Error: No such image: ba6cafef02e060a094656c7b6c9a07dd07d0e7eaf582d52b0e7406ff7a236238 in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(607): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->runContainer(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('runContainer', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'runContainer', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

• i figured out what i did. sorry for the non essential post. i tried to paste the scheduled job to the command line of the watchtower docker instead of the scheduled job tab lol. i apologize again

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!