JDownloader2 on OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are going to have to install portainer from omv-extras and then use portainer to create the image. There are lots of how tos on the internet about portainer. The settings from the video for jdownloader should still be very similar.

• Can you try navigating to the port assigned to jdownloader? http://youripaddress:portnumber

I’ve also just got jdownloader installed, but i still can’t access it or maybe I’m doing it wrong.
    Oddly enough it’s detected in myjdownloder.net but nothing happens when i select it.

Anyone could help us out?

• hi,

enter the container config in portainer with clicking on the jdownloader name --> then on top (inside container details) you find Actions --> Duplicate/Edit --> right under "Always pull the image" you find Network ports configuration --> Manual network port puplishing --> publish a new ...
    just enter the ports you need scrool down and click deploy the container

gl

• You are going to have to install portainer from omv-extras and then use portainer to create the image. There are lots of how tos on the internet about portainer. The settings from the video for jdownloader should still be very similar.

I m a noob with omv and this my first experience is with omv 5 (not beta), but in my mind it's not clear the difference between docker (omv 4-5) and portainer (just omv 5). What are they and why i must use one or the other? thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I m a noob with omv and this my first experience is with omv 5 (not beta), but in my mind it's not clear the difference between docker (omv 4-5) and portainer (just omv 5). What are they and why i must use one or the other? thanks

docker is docker on OMV 4 and 5. The openmediavault-docker-gui plugin on OMV 4.x has been replaced with portainer (not a plugin) on OMV. Both are web interfaces for docker.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I prefer to use docker-compose in Portainer

[How-To] Use docker-compose files in Portainer

So you can search for a docker-compose.yml and adjust it to your needs.

Example:

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

in the Code Box

• I think that i miss a basic knowledge about it...

So the extension yml is for docker compose ( i have not idea what it is)

Where i can find the "docker compose file" ? I imagine that there is one for every program right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok. Then maybe it is easier to start with some of the more recent videos from TDL like this one:

Back up your Server with Duplicati and Portainer

Watching this, you might get the idea, how to set up a container using portainer.

After that you can use the information provided on hub.docker.com to set up jdownloader

e.g. https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/jdownloader-2/

You need to choose an image which is suitable for your architecture (arm, amd64). The one above is just for reverence.

• I saw.. thank you very much

I m trying to follow your guide:

Process in Portainer

• open the GUI of Portainer
    • click in the center of the home screen (see picture)
    • in the left column select "Stacks"
    • in the right window that opens select "+ Add stack"
    • in the right window enter a name in the "Name" field
    • select "Web editor"
    • paste your docker-compose file in the Web editor
    • click "Deploy the stack"

But if a page of jdownloader in linux server website doesn't exist where i can find the "docker compose" to copy and paste on web editor area?

And why some app must to put in Containers and others in stacks? which is the diffence?

How could i use the yml files? they are preconfigured files? that i need only upload? without copy and paste command strings?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But if a page of jdownloader in linux server website doesn't exist where i can find the "docker compose" to copy and paste on web editor area?

You can find docker-compose files on hub.docker.com, github.com or via google etc.

Sometimes you are able to find one and adjust it to your needs.

Unfortunately Portainer supports only yml up to version 2 or 2.1, but not version 3. So if you find a docker-compose file with version '3' in the first line you cannot use it in Portainer (but you could use it from the CLI)

And why some app must to put in Containers and others in stacks? which is the diffence?

If you want to use docker compose file you have to do it in stacks. Thats how portainer decided to do it. The reasoning behind might be, that docker-compose files are often used to create several container which have to work together with one file (e.g. nextcloud, letsencrypt and mariadb)

How could i use the yml files? they are preconfigured files? that i need only upload? without copy and paste command strings?

docker-compose.yml files are files written in YAML which is a language used for configurations.

You can write the files on your own or start from an existing file and change it to your needs.

You do not upload them, but you just copy the content of the file and paste it in the window in Portainer as described in the how-to.

Maybe instead of "paste your file" I should have written "paste the content of the file"

I am afraid I confused you too much with this docker-compose thing. Maybe it is easier to stick to do the cofiguration in Portainer

• Ok thanks man. i'm really improving my knowledge with your help

So this is what i understood:

There are two way to setting an application in docker:

1) Portainer (new way from omv 5 but supports yml files until 2.0/2.1 not the newer 3.0)

2) CLI (what is this? an old method?)

1) In portainer two possible situation:

A) If i use "docker compose" strings i need to create the application in "stacks"

B) If i use "docker" strings i need to create the application in "containers" (like the following example)

e.g.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

e.g.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Question: in the case of plex is just running well and i want add an addictionale directory in a volume to create a new library, how can i do it?

Because i don't find a edit button... Maybe i need kill the execute and create a new one?

The how to is amazing but is not clear for me when could i use the yaml file

"the change of i need" after take one ready file is not so easy for me trust me, i need to understand the lines of the strings before (and the right wat to put inside without mistakes of / ' or other sign

• Offizieller Beitrag

i want add an addictionale directory in a volume to create a new library, how can i do it?

In portainer select the container you want to change. You should have a window with "container details" in the top left corner.

Click "duplicate/edit" from the buttons at the top of the page.

Make the changes you want to make (if you want to add a volume, scroll down to "Advanced Container Settings" and then "Volumes")

After you have done the changes: just above the "Advanced Container Settings" there is the "Deploy the Container" button. Click it.

The container will be restarted with your changes. There will be a warning which you can accept.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are two way to setting an application in docker:

1) Portainer (new way from omv 5 but supports yml files until 2.0/2.1 not the newer 3.0)

2) CLI (what is this? an old method?)

There are even more ways to setting up an application in docker:

1) Portainer

1a) using the GUI of Portainer by filling the different fields

1b) by copy/paste the content of a docker-compose.yml as discussed before

1c) by using one of the provided Templates ("Add Templates" menue in Portainer)

2) CLI (Command Line Interface)

2a) using a docker command

2b) using a docker-compose.yml file and executing it using docker-compose

example for 2a)

example for 2b)

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

3) Cockpit (similar to Portainer, but less functionality regarding docker)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!