Roadmap, date, ... for OpenMediaVault 3

• Hi everyones;

I'd just discover OpenMediaVault, I was a huge fan of FreeNAS but since they just support AMD64 I was a little bit sad.
    So; I use OMV on a APU PCEngine, Raspi and VirtualBox and i'm ready to pass my OMV into a production mode.

So long story short I have one issue and one question.

the question : the team have a roadmap for the delivery of OpenMediaVault ?
    the under question it's because I reed : http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1305
    and I understand it's soon to upgrade to Jessie, but at the same time I want to know when it will be available
    because Debian are unclear when they will stop supporting Wheezy but it will be between jun 2016 into may 2018
    https://wiki.debian.org/fr/DebianReleases && https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

GreatWorks! :)
    I'm glad i'd discover your project.

• There is no roadmap for OMV 3.0 yet.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Bump!

Not to apply pressure, but..
    almost a year later, has been created a roadmap?

Have a new machine and i only want to know if is better wait a bit or install 2... Sadly losing Btrfs is a hard blow...

• Currently OMV core is ready and i think most of the bugs coming from the recoding of the whole code have been fixed. Most of the generic OMV plugins have been adapted too. Sadly some plugins are not available anymore because Debian stopped the package maintenance for various software components, e.g. netatalk. Due the fact that OMV does not provide maintenance for such packages like netatalk the plugins are dropped until Debian includes the packages into their repositories again.

• @votdev Thanks for all you hard work! I don't think people tell you this enough.

I would just make a sticky on top of the forum in big bold letters and a voting button that says "Click here to pat @votdev on the back for great work" :thumbsup::D:P

and maybe a smaller button in normal text that says "Click here to kick @votdev in the shins for bad work" Just Kidding! :whistling::sleeping: :evil::love: =O

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Currently OMV core is ready and i think most of the bugs coming from the recoding of the whole code have been fixed.

:thumbup: cool, many thumbs up for work done!

e.g. netatalk. Due the fact that OMV does not provide maintenance for such packages like netatalk the plugins are dropped until Debian includes the packages into their repositories again.

WTF! was planned to work like a TimeMachine also || i'm astonished about this... is there some workaround to have a working afp net? maybe handmade package without interface in OMV?

thaks anyway

• Currently OMV core is ready and i think most of the bugs coming from the recoding of the whole code have been fixed. Most of the generic OMV plugins have been adapted too. Sadly some plugins are not available anymore because Debian stopped the package…

awesome, thank you for all this work!

• Will it be release before Tekken 7 come out?
    Hope to try it out before play the game.

Not sure how those are related but OMV 3.x is be ready soon. Not all the plugins will be ready at the same time though.

omv 6.0.5-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.13 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 6.0.4 | kvm plugin 6.0

• Not sure how those are related but OMV 3.x is be ready soon. Not all the plugins will be ready at the same time though.

just for curiosity: will trasmission,plex and virtualbox work at the release?

p.s. Where I can properly thank you and everyone that helped me during the installation of OMV? I feel guilty about how much things I asked to you! :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• All three of those plugins are ready now.

• Great :D now I'm really hyped about the release :D

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• If you only use those three plugins, you could probably start using it now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!