Renaming of OMV created folders like /srv/87534567-1499-4865-b389-2749e38f7f7b7

• Offizieller Beitrag

Normally, it uses the device name. So, it is a bit more readable. OMV 4.x does create a readable bind mount in /sharedfolders for each shared folder though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do I ensure that the readable bind mounts in /sharedfolders are created?

Create another shared folder. It will create a bind mount for each shared folder then.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• If one wanted to, how would they get rid of that /sharedfolders that is placed in the rootfs?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

how would they get rid of that /sharedfolders that is placed in the rootfs?

While you can't get rid of it, you can change where the bind mounts are created by changing the parameter in /etc/default/openmediavault:

OMV_SHAREDFOLDERS_DIR="/sharedfolders"

• Thanks. I find this feature very handy. I was able to manually set up samba sharing the /sharedfolders directory.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The advantage for me is it puts all that stuff in one place and one share that I can see from other machines.

Some things do not work quite right though, shared mergerfs mounts stuff either can't be seen or is so slow to load that it's impractical. Not sure which - I don't have that much patience.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!