Plex not offered to update for almost an year

• I had OMV 3.x. I that I had installed Plex via omv extras.
    I then upgraded to MV 4.x and then installed the OMV 4.x plugins.

The plex I have is really old
    - PMS Version 3.39.5
    - client Version 1.12.1.4885

In the Plugins I see that omv plex media server 3.8.2 is installed.

How can i fix this? in other words how can I upgrade my local plex?

• Have you updated your system? I have:

openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.8.2 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    plexmediaserver 1.13.9.5456-ecd600442 amd64 Plex organizes all of your personal media so you can easily access and enjoy it.

Plex GUI shows 3.69.1 as webclient version

• yes. I did update my system completely.
    I am wondering what will happen if I uninstall Plex and reinstall? Will it erase all?

• If you are looking for updates to the OMV plugin, they are very few and far between, and you might never see another one. If your system is properly subscribed to the repository for the Plex Media Server application you will get updates if and when they become available.

You should check within Plex itself to see the current version you are on and if any updates are available for your platform.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 6.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• If you are looking for updates to the OMV plugin, they are very few and far between, and you might never see another one. If your system is properly subscribed to the repository for the Plex Media Server application you will get updates if and when they become available.

You should check within Plex itself to see the current version you are on and if any updates are available for your platform.

Thanks for your reply. I am just using out of the box. Any idea if I need to add any plex repository anywhere? Attached is what I have in Plex

• Whatever repos you have there would have been added when the plugin was installed and are likely correct.

What version of Plex Media Server are you running now?

--

OMV AMD64 6.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• armhf and arm64 don't use the official plex repo like the amd64 and i386 repos do. So, I would have to put the package in those repos. Since I want the plex plugin to go away in favor of docker (which you could use on your system), I won't be adding updates to the repo.

omv 6.0.40-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Whatever repos you have there would have been added when the plugin was installed and are likely correct.

What version of Plex Media Server are you running now?

- PMS Version 3.39.5
    - client Version 1.12.1.4885

armhf and arm64 don't use the official plex repo like the amd64 and i386 repos do. So, I would have to put the package in those repos. Since I want the plex plugin to go away in favor of docker (which you could use on your system), I won't be adding updates to the repo.

oh :( I need to learn docker then. I sent 1 year setting up my plex and its contents. Hmm

• oh I need to learn docker then. I sent 1 year setting up my plex and its contents. Hmm

Trust me, it is a good thing. Here is the video on how to set it up - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
    Just remember to use an armhf compatible docker. You might also be able to use your existing database.

omv 6.0.40-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• - PMS Version 3.39.5- client Version 1.12.1.4885

oh :( I need to learn docker then. I sent 1 year setting up my plex and its contents. Hmm

You can use your existing Plex setup within a Plex Docker. I migrated from Plex installed by the OMV Plugin to a docker with no problems. Nothing was lost.

--

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!