Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

• No more proxy conf.

line: 17, You've given complete command & control with: /var/run/docker.sock. I feel you should never do this and the articles that suggest situations where this could be O.K. are crazy. If you have ZERO skills in programming and/or the understanding of RTFM, then I understand, but you _should_ create a proxy container to communicate between the system and your current docker namespace exclusively. However, there has to be MANY Docker containers out there that already do this, it's just a matter of finding one.

I don't use SWAG but I did use it a couple years ago when it was still called letsencrypt.linuxserver.io and I remember it had proxy templates you could use, what was wrong with that method?

• After some trial and error, I got this up and running!

An idea to add to the guide, would be to clarify the point of the data folder in the nextcloud container. I figured it out thanks to this post: RE: How to share folders with Nextcloud, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to instruct people from the beginning that they should include there every shared OMV folder they would like to access.

Thanks to everyone!

• I don't know what to do, if I don't do anything the same thing happens, I've already deleted everything from nextcloud, swag and mariadb and it's still like that.

Post all YMLs used.

Hide sensible data.

• Hi together,

I'm fairly new to Linux and Container but I followed the respective guide of this thread to setup NC with swag on my Raspi 5.

I just have two questions as, after digging into a bunch of threads and googling a lot I could not find matching answers.

1. Where is the data folder that is used when setting up NC? As no volumes were created in the yml for the file storage I cannot find it in the appdata folder on my external drive but it's located somewhere on my microSD as the var/lib/docker is on it.

2. How can I increase the upload file size limit? I already looked into the php-local.ini within the nextcloud appdata folder and placed this in it:

Code
    upload_max_filesize = 16G
    post_max_size = 16G

But still face the issue of being limited to 512 MB.

Thanks in advance.

• Where is the data folder that is used when setting up NC?

Post the YML used but omit sensible INFO (password, email, url, etc)

2. How can I increase the upload file size limit?

Did you restarted nextcloud after editing that file?

And how did you edit it?

Which permissions are on the HOST php-local.ini file?

It has to be owned by the UID:GID that is on the YML.

And what shows on the Nextcloud System Page?

• Hi Soma,

thanks for your reply.

This my yml:

Forgot to mention that I also followed another post and added the following commands under environment:

Code
          - PHP_UPLOAD_LIMIT=8G
          - PHP_MEMORY_LIMIT=8G

I did restart the container but I also read somewhere that, when using swag, those parameters have also to be set for swag but I did not know where exactly.

This is what my php-local.ini:

The permissions for the file are:

Code
    -rw-r--r-- 1 appuser users 49 Apr 25 23:35 php-local.ini

And this is what the System Page shows

Thanks in advance.

• Forgot to mention that I also followed another post and added the following commands under environment:

Post the link to the post where you saw that, please.

Those envs don't exist on the linuxserver image.

Remove them.

- PUID=${PUID}

- PGID=${PGID}

Where is this env set?

I find it better to use the proper number.

Run on CLI id appuser and use that number. Should be 1000 or bigger, depending how many users you created.

Same goes for GID. In your case will be 100.

Code
    - PUID=1000 # Or 1001, or 1002, etc
    - PGID=100

Since you didn't set a DATA volume, your data is volatile.

You don't want that and need to have the volume on a seperate drive.

You should start fresh and follow the guide proper because it is mentioned there:

Code
          - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/nextcloud/data:/data     #/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 needs to be adjusted

Your YML should be something like:

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Where is this env set?

Run on CLI id appuser and use that number. Should be 1000 or bigger, depending how many users you created.

Same goes for GID. In your case will be 100.

omv7:docker_in_omv [omv-extras.org]

omv7:docker_in_omv [omv-extras.org]

• Fatality2024

Then it's better to open a new thread because this QA refers a specific created guide that expects a stablished set of lines on the YML.

If followed verbatim, it's easy to help and figure where there's issues.

• Neu
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Then it's better to open a new thread because this QA refers a specific created guide that expects a stablished set of lines on the YML.

If followed verbatim, it's easy to help and figure where there's issues.

Using the plugin's environment variables file does not have to affect the configuration of the Nextcloud or Swag container on linuxserver.

Those values are simply replaced by the values 1000 and 100 (or whatever) when the container is started.

The OP is following the wiki procedure for defining values, nothing wrong with that.

It would be more appropriate to ask the OP to also publish his environmental variables file to know what those values are.

As explained here. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…_request_on_the_omv_forum

• Post the link to the post where you saw that, please.

I found this here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NextC…_file_size_2mb_in_docker/

Where is this env set?

The env is set in the Docker Compose OMV plugin as chente pointed out. The variables are set accordingly for PUID and PGID. That should not be the problem as everything else works using those.

The variables are set as follows:

Code
    PUID=1001
    PGID=100
    TZ=Europe/Berlin

Since you didn't set a DATA volume, your data is volatile.

You don't want that and need to have the volume on a seperate drive.

You should start fresh and follow the guide proper because it is mentioned there:

Code
          - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1/appdata/nextcloud/data:/data     #/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk1 needs to be adjusted

OMG, I can't believe I missed that. I went over the YML again and again and totally lost that line. That explains a lot. Especially as I sometimes faced the "missing .ocdata" error when landing on the nc main page :).

I will directly add that and start over again.

But still, the question is, in which I files I will have to set the respective parameters to increase my upload limit.

So, if you could tell me this, I think I might be good to go.

Thanks again and sorry for missing that in my yml.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!