no connection to Portainer after installation of docker under OMV v5

• Offizieller Beitrag

On armbian buster images, removing network-manager and then omv-firstaid to setup the network adapter using systemd seems to fix that problem.

I guess I need to try that. I never use the web interface to install it but I don't understand why it doesn't work.

What errors?
    I've also created a new script that will install OMV itself if it isn't installed already - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript

I'll double check later this morning when I get home. The script... I was getting the path errors we had discussed in another thread. I don't usually use the web interface either, but since the install command wasn't working... I tried it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was getting the path errors we had discussed in another thread

I guess I should make the new script check the path but I still can't figure out how the path is unset on your system.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• When you follow the guide to install OMV v5 over Debian 10, the error comes when you have to install the (security) key.
    It says that gnupg, gnupg1 or gnupg2 is missing. By installing all three (I don’t know which exactly) the error is gone and you can continue with the guide

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you follow the guide to install OMV v5 over Debian 10, the error comes when you have to install the (security) key.
    It says that gnupg, gnupg1 or gnupg2 is missing. By installing all three (I don’t know which exactly) the error is gone and you can continue with the guide

If you use my new installScript, you won't have to worry about that. It does everything for you. So, you install Debian 10 and just execute the script. You end up with OMV, omv-extras, and flashmemory installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The script works great (or I'm assuming so... it's still installing). Couple things though that might get some newer users installing this way.

In the past when installing over Debian... It was (and I think still is) recommended to only install SSH server. If you go this route, you're going to be missing a few dependencies.. wget, sudo, and lsb_release. Even if you're installing as root, sudo will fail with a command not found. I'm assuming you could remove the "sudo" part of the command, but that would still leave the other two.

I'm assuming all of these are installed if you install "Standard System Utilities" and SSH Server.. that said, the matter is easy enough to resolve..

Code
    apt install wget lsb-release sudo

and then run the script and it should work just fine. It's still running, but I'll report back if there's any further issues.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why not install Debian with SSH server and standard system utility?

That's fine (I'm assuming those 3 things are installed then).. but if you follow the instructions on virtually any thread for installing on Debian... you'll find the instructions are to uncheck everything but SSH server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the past when installing over Debian... It was (and I think still is) recommended to only install SSH server. If you go this route, you're going to be missing a few dependencies.. wget, sudo, and lsb_release. Even if you're installing as root, sudo will fail with a command not found. I'm assuming you could remove the "sudo" part of the command, but that would still leave the other two.

I haven't run into an install where these aren't installed. If wget isn't installed, the command needs to be altered but the script can't install the utility that downloads the script. I added it to the readme.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't run into an install where these aren't installed. If wget isn't installed, the command needs to be altered but the script can't install the utility that downloads the script. I added it to the readme.

like I said, I think it's because I didn't install system utilities. I imagine if I installed it, those 3 things would have been installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought this would be appropriate here as I have replied to this post before I reinstall I decided to enable cockpit and I was greeted with the same error as portainer.

This site can't be reached -> 192.168.1.50 refused to connect ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED standard Chrome error message.

Procedure;

OMV-Extras -> Enable Cockpit -> Save -> Waited for it to complete -> Open Cockpit web interface -> above error

SSH into OMV -> systemctl status cockpit -> loaded inactive (dead) -> systemctl start cockpit -> loaded active (running) -> Open Cockpit web interface -> same error

Reboot -> OMV-Extras -> Open Cockpit web interface same error, and yes it is using the ip address port 9090.

This was the exact same error I got when enabled Portianer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like the other problem I was having... Is your NAS online? When I was having this issue after installing Portainer, my NIC somehow lost it's configuration.

ping aol.com and see if you get a result. My guess is, you're not online. run omv-firstaid and when you configure the NIC, you'll probably see that are two devices there now, one being named "docker0" (that's what it was called on my VM).

Reconfigure your physical NIC, and you should be good.

• @geaves

did you do the installation in a VM or on real hardware?
    I had the same problems in my VM (VMware Fusion v15 on Mac Mojave). Yesterday I did a fresh installation of Debian 10 and OMV (the script of @ryecoaaron) but after installation of docker the network connection was gone. Even Portainer didn't work (error to connect).

This week I will get a used PC and I will do a fresh installation on real hardware again. Just to be sure that the problem is maybe the VM and not the software.

@KM0201

when you do a fresh installation of Debian (I always use the "netinst" version) I always tick "ssh-server" and "standard system utilities". I didn't face any problems by doing that. These two I would always recommend.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

@KM0201

when you do a fresh installation of Debian (I always use the "netinst" version) I always tick "ssh-server" and "standard system utilities". I didn't face any problems by doing that. These two I would always recommend.

I don't dispute that.. but again, if you read virtually all the instructions for installing on top of Debian... for years it's been suggested to only install the SSH server. It didn't cause an issue before... now it obviously does.

• Offizieller Beitrag

that should be lsb-release that was a typo on my part

My bad

No biggie. I should have noticed that too. It is confusing since the command is lsb_release but the package name is lsb-release. Fixed now.

• for years it's been suggested to only install the SSH server. It didn't cause an issue before... now it obviously does.

I learned here (in the second video - starting at 06:49) to install both. With that I think you're on the right way. But anyway not necessary to dispute that.

@geaves

Thanks for the info. So the issue must be docker and Portainer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the info. So the issue must be docker and Portainer

For me docker installed, I believe portainer did it just didn't 'activate' or didn't start correctly hence I installed manually. I'm now having the same problem with Cockpit.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!