Pihole on Docker - DNS resolution is currently unavailable error

• I once was able to install and use PiHole on Raspberry Pi on OMV via Docker. I moved to Rock64 board. I am using OpenMediaVault and using Docker inside it. I installed PiHole and configured it and have the following issue.Would be really great it someone help me out here.

Current setup:
    Rock64 board running OpenMediaVault. Docker is running inside OMV
    IP of Omv: 192.168.178.24
    IP of PiHole: 192.168.178.100
    Current log:

I use the below docker arguments:
    -p 53:53/tcp -p 53:53/udp -p 67:67/udp -p 80:80/tcp -p 443:443/tcp --dns 127.0.0.1 --dns 1.1.1.1 --cap-add NET_ADMIN

• Hi,

I have similar issue, how do you fix it ?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Edited once, last by tinh_x7 ().

• As I say on October use variables instead of arguments

openmediavault control panel - PDNS.local - Google.jpg

But for your log, perhaps your problem are not DNS, I suspect that you do not have enought permission:

• sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: Permission denied,
    • sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting,
    • sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin,
  • I did used variables.
    I tried to added Dockeruser in the env variables, but it still encountered errors.

There are two files in pihole that keep changed itself ownership to ‘openmediavault-gui’.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

Edited once, last by tinh_x7 ().

• Something changed around October, there are some Docker updates I can't implement without the Pihole container becoming unstable. I've been testing various configurations (OMV4, OMV5 and OMV5 with Proxmox) in virtual machines and in none I can get the Pihole container to run stable. As long as that remains so, I won't update Docker on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ again as I am getting tired of flashing back the previous installation (daily images).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!