Cannot see NAS on network after rebooting OMV5

• Hi Guys,

I have been able to successfully install OMV 5 on a RasPi 4 with Plex running in docker. However when I reboot OMV, i see two things
    1. The rebooting dialog does not go away and instead I see a black bar at the top that says "Software Failure. Click Left mouse button. Failure to authenticate"
    I just refresh the browser at that point and it will show me the login screen, after which I can successfully login and get back into the OMV GUI.
    2. I cannot see the NAS on my network in windows 10 anymore.
    I have to stop the docker service. Then go to shared folders-> edit -> reference the shared folders paths -> save. Then restart docker service. After which, I can see the NAS on my network once more.

Are others seeing this too ? Is there something I can do to resolve these errors ?

• Thanks. That worked!!!
    However I noticed something else on reboot
    In OMV-Extras -> Portainer -> It says "No Portainer container found"

Then, I have to remove docker, reinstall docker and after that I see portainer running once again .

• Hi.

I have the same problem that I can not see OMV on my network after it's running for some time.

If I log in and put "systemctl restart wsdd.service" it's appearing again.

Everything else is running fine and I can still access everything with Cloud Commander but it only shows up in Windows 10 if I restart the rsdd.service every now and then. Any idea why the service apparently gets killed after a while?

• I think it does restart when it stops:

Code
    Dec 07 12:46:37 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Stopping Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon...
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: wsdd.service: Succeeded.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Stopped Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local systemd[1]: Started Web Services Dynamic Discovery host daemon.
    Dec 07 12:46:38 openmediavault.local wsdd.py[25341]: WARNING: no interface given, using all interfaces

It was gone again just now. When I try to navigate to //openmediavault.local in the file explorer it sends me to the browser log-in page of OMV 5. After restarting the service I can see and access the shares in the network. If I try to access the shares by opening //openmediavault directly it disappears again and sends me to the web-login again. After doing that I have to restart it again to work but it's only working for some time before it disappears again. Pretty strange.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!