LDAP plugin bind to OpenLDAP

• Hi all
    I am new to OMV and very pleased to see this working on just a pc and not special hardware !!!
    I installed version 5 and just walking around configurations to see OMV's tricks.
    My question is I cannot see any LDAP plugin so enable it and play !
    Is this available on version 5.x ??

thanks in advance

• Does this mean it is a matter of time for the plugin to be available in the updates ?

Not sure. That is a core plugin. So, @votdev is the one who would port it.

Or I should do something to install it ?

You can't install it until it is ported. You could configure ldap by hand.

omv 5.5.22 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.4.4
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I want to install LDAP server in docker but the ports are blocked because of an old ldap plugin installation.

Is it save to uninstall openmediavault-ldap/now under OMV 5?

• I don’t know of an alternative plugin. OMV can support LDAP if you install it manually or when there is an plugin. I will have a look if I can do it in near future, but won’t promise it because the new UI for OMV6 has more priority.

So, this information is over 1 year old.

After LDAP is being listed as a Plugin under "Features" (https://www.openmediavault.org/features.html) I suppose this will be available within OMV6 again?

Less on the Server, this may be solved within extras and a LDAP Docker.

But being able to authenticate users would be helpful.

Edit: In my case, this does not need to be a posixAccount (with home-directory, uid, gid, etc.).

A inetOrgPerson and group membership would work (username, firstname, surname, mail). In my case focus is on granting access, the account itself can be managed by OMV and only takes the mentioned attributes from the LDAP server.

This probably reduces the integration efforts tremendously.

• That list is fairly old.. at the very least, the Torrent plugin is gone as well.. I suspect that list is from a prior version of OMV.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!