Web interface not working

• I recently re-installed omv as I was still on a very old version and had some problems with running virtualbox after the computer shut down gracefully. I installed the lastest version 5. Next to that I installed cockpit and everything seemed fine. Today I wanted to install a vm but was unable. To my surprise the open media vault webinterface is not working. In some cases I can pull up the login page but nothing more. This happens after a very long delay.

Logging in through ssh works but configuring anything network related using omv-firstaid ends up with the ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable. I can ping ip addresses but not domains. /etc/resolv.conf just has the ip address of my pi-hole dns server.

Any insights on what might be causing the issue. To be clear I can still access the cockpit interface which works just as before and also the several docker containers I am running work great.

• The issue seems to be that the dns server cannot be reached by my openmediavault system. I updated the /etc/resolv.conf to point to 8.8.8.8 and it is working now. To be clear the dns server works fine and is accessible from any other system. It is running as a docker container on the same server with a specific network configuration. That said why is the openmediavault interface dependent on having a dns resolver?

• Same problem here but editing /etc/resolv.conf wasn't necessary because 8.8.8.8 and my main router IP were correctly listed. I'm stuck ?? SSH access to CLI works fine and omv-firstaid isn't able to set the GUI port to 80 (it was at 80 anyway, I just thought a refresh might help) but omv-firstaid just returns 'ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable'..............I'm stumped

• Use another port for OMV:

Port 8080 for eg (or other if it conflicts with any service already running).

Then access to the GUI by inputing http://LAN IP:port selected

• omv-firstaid seems to take quite a few minutes to run and when it completes if gives the message below (in the case of the web GUI update option)

Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...

ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

.message

Other options I've tried in in omv-firstaid seem to work OK

I've tried various port numbers. other than 80 Same problem

• Hi everyone!
    I am totally new to Linux systems and I was also struggling with this error in OMV:

ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

I've registered here to share my solution that worked for me. It turned out that my network interface was not active (down) and was in DORMANT mode.

1. Launch OMV and login as root user.
    2. Type in ip a
    3. Find that my desired network interface is DOWN and in DORMANT mode
    4. Type in ip link set [interface name] mode default to change mode to Default
    5. Type in ip link set [interface name] up to activate the interface
    6. Run omv-firstaid as usual and setup the network

No ERROR: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable after these steps for me

• Offizieller Beitrag

3. Find that my desired network interface is DOWN and in DORMANT mode
    4. Type in ip link set [interface name] mode default to change mode to Default
    5. Type in ip link set [interface name] up to activate the interface

You shouldn't do any of these steps since netplan does this. After you run omv-firstaid, are there two files in /etc/netplan? If so, what is the output of: sudo netplan apply

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!