VDR Plugin

• Zitat von "serghmi"

How to scan satellite 85.2E Intelsat-15/Horizons 2 ?
    It is not in the list of satellites.

The plugin lists all the satellites provided by w_scan software.
    The version of w_scan is quite old. (From Debian Squeeze repository) It is on the "todo" list to change w_scan to a newer version. Unfortunately I do not have any time estimate on this.

• Got a little problem with the VDR plugin. Already have suspicion what it could be, but maybe (hopefully) I´m wrong and you know it better ;)

"Error - Server does not respond"

Same in VDRAdmin-AM. and Streamdev does not show any Channels.

• Please share your suspicions.
    Is VDR running or not?

Code
    pgrep vdr

Did it work before?
    What did you do before it stopped working?

EDIT: And syslog should record VDR errors

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

Wscan is really old. All the satellites are are wrong. Also would be nice to have multiple LNB support. Other than that its a great plugin.

I didn't know that they are wrong. :shock: (I've never had Satellite TV)
    Unfortunately the version of w_scan in Debian Squeeze and E-Tobi.net repositories is old (from 2011 or so). When the new version of OMV (Debian Wheezy) is released the software will be updated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even the version in wheezy is two version behind current. We could make a new package and put in the vdr repo?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Even the version in wheezy is two version behind current. We could make a new package and put in the vdr repo?

If you can make a package of the newest w_scan that would be great. Then hopefully we just need to update the SatelliteCodeStore.js to match. If you can package a 64 version and send it to me in a pm? I might have time during the weekend. I'm trying to fix the git plugin ssh issue first. Almost finished on that.

• My suspicion is my new satellite cable... Works well on my Samsung TV. But dunno if the signal is to weak for my DVBS card. Have to test another cable on the weekend... will report back as soon as i can say if its the cable or not.

Because vdr is running and syslog shows nothing special... Checked that before.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "SVS"

If you can make a package of the newest w_scan that would be great. Then hopefully we just need to update the SatelliteCodeStore.js to match. If you can package a 64 version and send it to me in a pm? I might have time during the weekend. I'm trying to fix the git plugin ssh issue first. Almost finished on that.

The latest w-scan package (20140102) needs dvb-api 5.3. Squeeze with backports kernel is reporting 5.1. Guess it will have to wait for OMV w/wheezy.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

works like a charme for me. I connected a Sundtek DVB-C Tuner and did a scan (Unitymedia).

I have one question. I need a Plugin. A git hub exists. What do I have to do to get it compiled? Can someone please give me a hint?

• Zitat von "toppi"

Hi,

works like a charme for me. I connected a Sundtek DVB-C Tuner and did a scan (Unitymedia).

I have one question. I need a Plugin. A git hub exists. What do I have to do to get it compiled? Can someone please give me a hint?

You might need the dev version of VDR to compile plugins from source. I'm not sure as I have never compiled plugins.
    What plugin is it? The E-Tobi.net repositories has a lot of precompiled stuff you can use.
    http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experime…ze/binary/vdr-multipatch/

• Hi. I do hope that this thread is alive?

Anyway, I have installed the plugin and it works. I can stream through Streamdev just fine and view using Xine or Vlc. Xine as a plugin in FF works also just fine. I can even have 3-4 different streams running on different computers without a hiccup or lag, of course from the same transponder. My card is a Nova-T HD on PCI.

The issue I have, is that I cannot record. The directory and files are created in the chosen folder, which have the correct permissions, but it does not seem to add the stream correctly. The folder and TS file are created, but the TS never increases in size. The logs does not show any abnormalities, so I'm a little lost here. Does anyone have that problem, that the recording-file is created but does not show any incremental in size during the recording phase?

I would also like to use XBMC as a frontend. I'm using Frodo and only have access to Xvdr and Vdr-vnsi, so, is there any plan to include the VNSI server in the VDR plugin, or is it not a good idea? Did you try?

Otherwise, I'm really thrilled and exited by this functionality in OMW, but a little hesitant to explorer further and install the plugins myself, and messing with VDR.dev etc. The OMW is used all day and cannot be corrupted at this time. I would like to test and build though, which I'm use to on my other boxes, but on this server I'll stick to the good devs of this site.

Any thought on VNSI? What about the YaVDR repository, did you consider?

Thank you for your time.

/FAFDK

• What version of the plugin are you using?
    Are you trying to record at the same time as streaming? If you have only one tuner then you can record and stream only from the same channel group (mux).

VNSI server will be possible after OMV is updated to Debian Wheezy. I don't have an exact time schedule for that.

YaVDR has been made for Ubuntu. It is not wise to install Ubuntu packages on Debian.

• Zitat

What version of the plugin are you using?

I'm using openmediavault-vdr 0.5.6

Zitat

Are you trying to record at the same time as streaming? If you have only one tuner then you can record and stream only from the same channel group (mux).

I have two tuners on my card. I recently moved the card from a Linux Mint box to the OMW, to test the plugin. I tried XBMC with VDR and VNSI on the Mint, and it worked just fine. I'm happy with the result on OMW, because it's on the server 24/7, even though that I cannot record as it is right now. No big deal. It could just be nice to eventually record something or get this bug out of my head... The Live-streaming feature saved my day, so I keep it there and move on :)

Zitat

VNSI server will be possible after OMV is updated to Debian Wheezy. I don't have an exact time schedule for that.

OK. Yes, looking forward to get on Wheezy. I will wait, patiently.

Zitat

YaVDR has been made for Ubuntu. It is not wise to install Ubuntu packages on Debian.

I prefer a clean stable Debian myself, so that make sense.

Thank you for your answer and time.

• It's it possible to connect this plugin with my OSCAM Server?

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf vdr 2>&1': Stopping Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr - seems not to be running. Stopping VDR Webadministration interface: vdradmind. sed: can't read /etc/vdr/plugins/plugin.live.conf: No such file or directory

anybody can share that file? thanks in advance, hope to get vdr working!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!