Plugins that are wanted

• How about a services plugin? After I install serviio, ums, tvheadend, etc.. It would be nice if I could easily start/stop/set startup of these services without having to write my own services plugin. Also the ability to bind a url to each service would be fanatastic so that once you start something you could then pull up the web management of it or maybe shellinabox link?

In the OMV web UI I would prefer to ONLY see the running services shown under services and clicking the services folder then have ALL non-running services shown so I could start/config each one.

I guess I could install webmin for this but thats a LOT of overhead just for that functionality. Is there another easier way? I could do this if I install sysvconfig but it would be nicer from the webgui.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "earbiter"

How about a services plugin? After I install serviio, ums, tvheadend, etc.. It would be nice if I could easily start/stop/set startup of these services without having to write my own services plugin. Also the ability to bind a url to each service would be fanatastic so that once you start something you could then pull up the web management of it or maybe shellinabox link?

The start/stop portion wouldn't be too hard and handy. Volker should add that to the services status page. The web management link would be tough to do. Most plugins don't have the link stored in the database and some run a user defined ports.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, I meant to just remove an option (btsync since a plugin has been created) and it removed all of the votes :(

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• This may be more of an extension/enhancement to the links* plugin, but I keep wanting a way to add links to various web interfaces for services on the OMV log-in page. Or perhaps simply allowing something like accessing myomvserver/mylinks to skip having to login and navigate the OMV WebGUI first.

*edit: correction, originally mentioned website plugin, but meant links

• Another thing that would be really nice to have in plugin form would be a mailserver.

The easiest is probably Xmail with Dovecot for imap support and maybe even webbased mail like UebiMiau or RoundCube. And most people that use these things are familiar with these and know how to set their configs.

BeeCube (OMV): Media server on HP N40L, 8GB XMS3, 2x Seagate NAS 4TB, 16GB SSD (SSD died, dropped it on the floor and now in/out-put errors)
    BeeWeb (OMV): Web and mail on HP N54L, 4GB ECC, 4x SV35.5 2TB raid5, 16GB SSD DOM (in build and temp media server)
    BeeWood (SMB): Backup on A6-3500, F1A75-I Deluxe, 8GB Ares, LSI 9240-8i, 8+4bay (mixed drive setup), 120GB SSD (in parts for case mod)
    BeeRoute (pfSense): Router on Intel D2500CC, 4GB SO-DIMM, 16GB SSD DOM

• Offizieller Beitrag

I agree a mailserver would be nice but the plugin would be very difficult. OMV uses postfix so it would make sense to use something that works with postfix. Roundcube probably wouldn't be difficult to implement as stand alone plugin whether you have a mailserver running on the box or not. It doesn't look like xmail has been updated in years??

• You might be right about xmail. To be honest, I kinda just stole the idea a bit from my last used mail plugin on my Qnap before I retired it for OMV: http://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/XDove_Configuration

There might be way better alternatives out there by now, think it was 3-4 years ago that I setup the last one with the above.

BeeCube (OMV): Media server on HP N40L, 8GB XMS3, 2x Seagate NAS 4TB, 16GB SSD (SSD died, dropped it on the floor and now in/out-put errors)
    BeeWeb (OMV): Web and mail on HP N54L, 4GB ECC, 4x SV35.5 2TB raid5, 16GB SSD DOM (in build and temp media server)
    BeeWood (SMB): Backup on A6-3500, F1A75-I Deluxe, 8GB Ares, LSI 9240-8i, 8+4bay (mixed drive setup), 120GB SSD (in parts for case mod)
    BeeRoute (pfSense): Router on Intel D2500CC, 4GB SO-DIMM, 16GB SSD DOM

• Offizieller Beitrag

iRedMail is probably the easiest since it uses system packages (and postfix). I think you are better off running the mailserver separately in a VM though.

• +1 on RoundCube.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "donh"

How about qemu-kvm? Like it better than virtualbox.

I do too. That is why I use proxmox :) Not sure how hard a plugin would be. It could use convirt like virtualbox uses phpvirtualbox.

• Pyload is already available via the jhmiller script. ryecoaaron and jhmiller are already in the process of porting most of the programs into a plugin. So maybe in a month or two?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "Feuj"

How about pyload? It's my first place on downloadmanagers.

you can simply install the .deb package provided directly by the payload team. It works well and has a lightweight internal web server. Simply install and configure as they reporting on their site.
    I think in this case we do not need of a OMV plugin considered it works in a very simple way...

• How about a separate vote for frontend-functionality? Most of the options here belong to the "Utilities" category, we could have separate categories (e.g. Media for CouchPotato/SickBeard, Business for Roundcube/Mail server/etc., Downloaders for Transmission/Deluge/Downloader/sabnzbd/nzbget, and so on) with their own vote topic.

It would come handy especially as people want different plugins, and adding all options to one vote wouldn't just be impossible, but stupid too. Categorizing, on the other hand, would give a better look over what the users want the most.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was just looking for plugin ideas and priorities. Having multiple lists doesn't help me with priorities. If something isn't on the list, suggest it :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!