Failed to update apt repos when installing Docker

• If you are actually running OMV 5.x, then there is no docker plugin. There is a button to install docker and portainer from the omv-extras docker tab. Then use portainer's web interface. So, remove the docker repo you added.

omv 6.0.42-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you are actually running OMV 5.x, then there is no docker plugin. There is a button to install docker and portainer from the omv-extras docker tab. Then use portainer's web interface. So, remove the docker repo you added.

That's how I was able to install it the first time but I'm trying to reinstall it and I run into the issue described in my original post. rzSkMK0

• And that is why I told you to remove the stoneburner repo that you added. This is why it is failing to update apt repos.

omv 6.0.42-2 Shaitan | 64 bit | 5.19 proxmox kernel | plugins :: omvextrasorg 6.1.1 | kvm 6.1.23 | mergerfs 6.3.3 | zfs 6.0.11

• And that is why I told you to remove the stoneburner repo that you added. This is why it is failing to update apt repos.

Okay I was able to remove it and install Docker just fine now. Thank you. Do I have to run the update command before I uninstall anything involving OMV in the future?

• Do I have to run the update command before I uninstall anything involving OMV in the future?

Nope.

• "OMV extras" --> activate "testing repos"

This does nothing since there is nothing in the testing repos.

• Hey there. I'm very new to linux and omv and I have the same issue although I get this error while trying to install docker from the docker tab. I may have tried to enable extra repos before hand. I dont know if thats related. How can I fix this issue?

• Thanks for response. I'm using OMV 5.6.21-2. Btw I commented out "teamviewer" from "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list" and now docker is installed and running. but now I can't install portainer and the error is as below:

"Docker storage :: /var/lib/docker

Agent port:: 8000

Web port:: 9000

Yacht port:: 8001

arch :: amd64

option :: portainer

state :: install

extras :: 5.6.5

DNS OK.

No portainer containers or images to remove.

Pulling and starting portainer/portainer-ce ...

Something went wrong trying to pull and start portainer ...

Done."

• Check your free disk space and move docker from the os disk.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• This is the message in the system log:

"dockerd[773]: time="2021-12-26T10:08:43.821104478+03:30" level=error msg="Handler for POST /v1.39/images/create returned error: toomanyrequests: You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating and upgrading: https://www.docker.com/increase-rate-limit""

I've waited for more than 12 hours (the limit is 100 pulls per 6 six hours?). Still geting the same error.

• If you are behind a NAT (CGNAT) docker can not reliably detect your ip. This means your pull is added to all the others behind the NAT.

Get an account to solve this.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!