Change mount point of unionfs

• I have created a unionfs pool called fred-pool. However the mount point at the CLI is /srv/{some long string of numbers} How I don't see anywhere in the web gui to set this to a nicer mount point name like /srv/fred-pool.

How can I do this.

Thanks.

• I do not know if the web GUI has this feature or not.

But once you create the pool it should be possible to share the awkward mount point just like any other directory and you can name the share nicer there. You would probably need to install the openmediavault-sharerootfs plugin to do this.

However, if you want to forgo using the plugin to create pools you can set it up by hand in fstab and you can use nice names there directly. This how I have been doing it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There is a reserved area in /etc/fstab for OMV. Outside of this manual changes are allowed.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

However the mount point at the CLI is /srv/{some long string of numbers} How I don't see anywhere in the web gui to set this to a nicer mount point name like /srv/fred-pool.

You can't change it in the plugin. If you want a "nicer" mount point, create a symlink to /srv/fred-pool. There is a symlink plugin to do that from the web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!