Web UI issues

• Sorry gents I posted this in another thread but here may be more relevant.

I tried to restart one of my docker container (logitech media server) through portainer and I got one of those red errors (top right corner). It was too quick but something about json error: merged.

So I tried to login to my OMV UI and when I put my username/password, it just says "Loading Please Wait" but then goes back to the login screen.

I have tried rebooting, clearing cache, running omv-firstaid (I can puTTy into the device) but still can not access OMV UI or Portainer UI.

It looks as thought my sdb1 is full but not sure why because my docker and containers are all on sepearate hard drives.Code

Display More

The output of a folder (overlay2) which has 10G, so not sure what is going?

Code

I followed another thread which suggested docker system prune but that did nothing as got this error message:

Code
    Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

• I think what might have happened is one of my external drives which had the plex appdata may have disconnected somehow as I cannot see that drive with the lsblk command. This may have caused the plex appdat to use up the system drive???

If so, I am trying to figure if I can delete the overlay2 folder (refer to above post) and the command for that docker/if that will fix things?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your root os is too small for the number of containers you are running and/or the data in your containers. You could try docker system prune to get rid of unused images, containers, and volumes. I might backup your system before you do that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I tried docker system prune but got this error:

Code
    Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

Also, do you see from my earlier post I have huge fies sitting in my overlay2 folder, so ,maybe I can delete?

I do not why my root drive is full - its been working fine for about 8 months. All of my dockers and appdata (including plex) are on separate HDD.

• Offizieller Beitrag

10G of your 15G is in the docker folder. Either it is old stuff before your moved your docker or you didn't change anything correctly. It is hard to tell what you can delete in the overlay2 folder without causing a problem. I would try freeing up space from somewhere else so docker can start and you can use prune.

Does apt-get clean free up any space?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can anyone please help because my server which runs several dockers is down or do I need a complete rebuild?

A complete rebuild is likely unnecessary, but you may be rebuilding your containers. I guess it just depends on the amount of effort you want to put into this. If it were me (and it was at one time)... I'd stop docker, delete the overlay folder, and restart docker. The folder structure should rebuild when you restart docker. Then setup my containers and docker again, and make sure my container folders are on a data disk when setting up again.

• A complete rebuild is likely unnecessary, but you may be rebuilding your containers. I guess it just depends on the amount of effort you want to put into this. If it were me (and it was at one time)... I'd stop docker, delete the overlay folder, and restart docker. Then setup my containers and docker again, and make sure my container folders are on a data disk when setting up again.

OK so the CLI commands are:

Code
    docker stop
    Code
    rm -rfv /var/lib/docker/overlay2/*
    Code
    docker start
  • Not sure what is happening now but I deleted the overlay2 folder and managed to sign back in to the WebUI. But was having trouble getting into portainer, so I unsinstalled Docker and reinstalled Docker/Portainer. My OS drive is now back to low storage usage

Some of my containers are still there but stopped. When I try to start them I get this error:

Code
    Failure
    Cannot restart container 115a1ad003925db7e46c614df57990dcfcb1066b2585790ec1a395e7065b61b8: error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/7e1dd00f4e334752a40ba8bc8e1e6b9f528fed3b38096bf0b2d5c08540fec77d/merged: no such file or directory

Does anyone what is happening?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You deleted the folder it needed. And like I said, I would try other things to free up space other than deleting docker files. My next suggestion was delete compressed log files in /var/log.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure what is happening now but I deleted the overlay2 folder and managed to sign back in to the WebUI. But was having trouble getting into portainer, so I unsinstalled Docker and reinstalled Docker/Portainer. My OS drive is now back to low storage usage

Some of my containers are still there but stopped. When I try to start them I get this error:

Code
    Failure
    Cannot restart container 115a1ad003925db7e46c614df57990dcfcb1066b2585790ec1a395e7065b61b8: error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/7e1dd00f4e334752a40ba8bc8e1e6b9f528fed3b38096bf0b2d5c08540fec77d/merged: no such file or directory

As I said, you'll end up redoing your containers if you do that. Your containers were apparently not on your storage drive as you thought they were.

• As I said, you'll end up redoing your containers if you do that. Your containers were apparently not on your storage drive as you thought they were.

So is this a complete rebuild? Or can it be fixed?

I have deleted my containers and redone them (via Stacks) but I still get this error message

• Offizieller Beitrag

So is this a complete rebuild? Or can it be fixed?

I'm not following you

Start docker, and it should rebuild your folder structure.

Then reinstall Portainer

Reinstall your containers. I was pretty clear you were going to have to rebuild them when I posted that earlier. Just make sure your containers are on your on your data drives, or a drive big enough to hold your containers.

• But I have done all of that.

I have even uninstalled Docker and reinstalled it.

• What is the output of systemctl status docker

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!