Complicated Installation of OMV

• Regards people.

Just for warning, i'm very much noob at this but i'm learning in small steps. 2 days ago I didn't even knew that OMV exists and what it does so... Also don't know much about linux.

I will explain some thing infront:

- using HP HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form Factor PC, Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core G620 (2.60 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores), 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 3xSATA disks..

- installed 5.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.9.6-1~bpo10+1 (2020-11-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux, with OMV 5.5.11-1 usul

- connection is made through Ethernet onto Windows machine which has mobile 4G internet connection and i shared that connection through Windows machine ethernet port. Both Linux and Windows machines are connected through gigabit switch and i can confirm that my shared folders works as i already established shared folders for 1 account. I can ping Windows machine, and Google so my internet settings should be ok.

Now, what is my idea... I would like to have Joomla Cms installed on server. Usually i have Xampp installed on Windows and thats the area i'm use to, but Linux is much different for me. So if i want Joomla on OMV i saw i need to install Omv-Extras but that didn't worked for me. After

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash" command i got this:

"Preparing to unpack openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb ...

Unpacking openmediavault-omvextrasorg (5.4.2) ...

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on dirmngr; however:

Package dirmngr is not installed."

So i need dirmnmgr and i went with

apt install curl wget apt-transport-https dirmngr

and i got an error:

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:

curl : Depends: libcurl4 (= 7.64.0-4+deb10u1) but it is not going to be installed

dirmngr : Depends: gpgconf (= 2.2.20-1~bpo10+1) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: libassuan0 (>= 2.5.0) but it is not installable

Depends: libksba8 (>= 1.3.4) but it is not installable

Depends: libnpth0 (>= 0.90) but it is not installable

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

Anyway i stuck. I probably made mistakes somewhere and I don't know where anymore X(

• did you consider to search for this error & fix on a Linux forum?

omv 5.6.12-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.17 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 6TB HDD formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Are you sure you had internet connection during the installation of OMV?

If not, make sure you have internet connection and start over.

Honestly i can't be sure during install, as i only checked one way ping from Windows. I already did copies of my +2GB multimedia on those 3 disks so new Install is not really desired option, at least for now..

• A new installation of OMV does not effect your data drives. Just disconnect them for the reinstall to be sure you are not installing on the wrong drive.

That would be great if i dont have shares on the disc i installed OMV :/

• leptir

Added the Label OMV 5.x
  • leptir

Added the Label resolved

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!