External HDD changed device name - Shared folder in error

• Hi all,

I'm new on OMV and in advance I would like to congratulate you all for this amazing project.

When I thought that all configurations was done and I was going to enjoy my NAS with a Raspberry Pi 4 and a 3TB WD Red HDD: lights out :rolleyes:

But is Ok! All is working but for the Shared Folders ONLY in WebGui || (from Samba is ok)

My disk si mounted in /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-* (like before, obviously) but in WebGUI -> Shared Folders every Folder says "Error" when I try to edit it because my Device is now named /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sda as it was when I configured the Shared Folders.

So, now I can't edit Shared Folders (which in the meantime have updated, in the preview, the Device field to /dev/disk/by-uuid/* but just in the preview).

Full Error when I click edit:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; blkid -p -o full '/dev/sda2' 2>&1' with exit code '2': blkid: error: /dev/sda2: No such file or directory

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure how that happened, the OS drive should ALWAYS be /sda (or at least it always is for me)

The only thing you can really do, is remove shares from any services, delete the shares (do not delete the data on them, just remove the shared folder.. pay attention to what you're clicking).. then point them back at their respective folder locations, and add them back to your services.

• Hi KM0201, I can't delete the Shared Folders (not the content but the sharing, from GUI) as "Delete" is not clickable ?( (see Attachments)
    Furthermore, I'm not able to add any other Shared Folder. When I click "Add" I'm given the same error... =O as if Devices list was broken...

Hi macom, yes on filesystem is ok and for SAMBA is also ok. The problem is on WebGUI :( I don't know why but WebGUI is using the Device Name as the Error says... with "preview" I mean the list of Shared Folders under the Device column and not a single row during editing.

• So, I finally understood why I couldn't delete shared folders. SMB / CIFS shares were active.

However, the problem remains that if the device name changes: OMV goes into error. It would be enough to use the name by UUID.

• Did you install some OMV updates after first configuring openmediavault? Is the WD red drive housed in a case with a JMicron USB2Sata-bridge?

If yes, then the reason could be one particular OMV update: New update available - openmediavault 5.5.21

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!