Duplicate Servers show in MacOS Catalina

• I installed OMV (first server) and it seemed to go well. When I connect using Catalina, it shows the following two servers available:

omv01

omv01 - SMB/CIFS

These are obvious duplicates to the same files.

Do I have an incorrect setting? Is there an error in the installation?

I tried to search in the forum, but not really sure what to search for.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Both are the omv server. I assume the first one will give you different option how to connect, i.e. ssh, rsync or smb

The second one will connect you using smb directly (asking for credentials)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, one is the SMB server with appdata, media, documents, etc. The other one is just the plain server with etc, srv, var, etc. The funny thing for me is I cannot login to the ssh server on my Macs but I can with a Linux machine. It comes in handy if I’m looking for a path to a file before I go to the terminal.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!