Nextcloud Bad Gateway

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks Agricola! You have been extremely helpful for a noob like me. Sorry to keep peppering you with questions but when it comes to replacing server_name nextcloud.*; with server_name yoursubdomain.*; my subdomain indeed is something like yoursubdomain.duckdns.org. This means that what I insert will look something like my_server_name yoursubdomain.duckdns.org.*; correct? My second question feels really dumb to ask but where can I look to find my server name?

Again, thank you for the remedial training. Also, as a preacher myself, I am grateful for your wife's jabs to keep you awake.8o

No, it would just be yoursubdomain.* (do not add duckdns.org the .* indicates anything after your subdomain is basically a wildcard)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just as KM0201 said. Look at it as the asterisk stands in for duckdns.org. The line you modify supplies your subdomain and a dot, completing the desired domain name.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does your config.php file look like? Make sure to obfuscate passwords and usernames and such. It’s found in your config (AppData) folder at /nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config

• What does your config.php file look like? Make sure to obfuscate passwords and usernames and such. It’s found in your config (AppData) folder at /nextcloud/www/nextcloud/config

Here's my config.php

• Offizieller Beitrag

I’m sorry. I’m trying to do this across two different threads. I thought your problem was that your config.php file was wrong, but It just dawned on me your nextcloud.subdomain.conf is missing part of line 20:

server_name nextcloud.*;

You left out the first half in the file you showed me. Add the server_name portion and then restart your swag container.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you Agricola and KM0201 I can get to Nextcloud with my DuckDNS subdomain! The only problem is that now I get a certificate error and a privacy warning. Anything I can do to fix this? You guys have been so helpful!

Edit: Nevermind, I see the problem you're having.

PM your final config.php and your nextcloud.subdomain.conf file

Have you restarted your containers after making the adjustments? Try that if you haven't... Restart them in this order and give about 5-10sec between each)

nextclouddb (your database container)

nextcloud

swag

Then see if you still get a cert error w/ your subdomain.

• I’m sorry. I’m trying to do this across two different threads. I thought your problem was that your config.php file was wrong, but It just dawned on me your nextcloud.subdomain.conf is missing part of line 20:

server_name nextcloud.*;

You left out the first half in the file you showed me. Add the server_name portion and then restart your swag container.

Hi everybody, I have the same problem of seekr (bad gateway) and for this reason I'm following this interesting post. I'm very newbie and I don't understand what you mean when write "add server_name nextcloud.*; ". My domain is myclodhome.duckdns.org, my subdomain is mycloudhome. I changed the line 20 from server_name nextcloud.*; to server_name mycloudhome.*; but I don't understand whats I must write instead server_name.

Thanks and ciao from Italy

• Offizieller Beitrag

My domain is myclodhome.duckdns.org, my subdomain is mycloudhome. I changed the line 20 from server_name nextcloud.*; to server_name mycloudhome.*; but I don't understand whats I must write instead server_name.

You have it just right. Don't change a thing.

• You have it just right. Don't change a thing.

Thanks for your reply, Agricola.
    I must have another problem rispect to seekr, when I write on the url bar https://nextcloud.mysubdomain.duckdns.org I read "

Welcome to our server

The website is currently being setup under this address.

For help and support, please contact: me@example.com "

if I write https://mysubdomain.duckdns.org I read "502 bad gateway" with https crossed out in red. It's possible that I have a problem with ssl certificate?

• Hi Morlan, I haven't swag, but letsencrypt, this is the log:

Another thing, I use OMV5 on a Raspberry 4

• Thanks, I will follow the first guide that have indicated seekr (for you is a good and easy guide?) and tomorrow I reinstall OMV and nextcloud with Swag on my raspberry.

Another question, I have a dynamic IP, I must install in docker also DuckDNS container, for have a complete functionally of nextcloud?

Thanks

• I have to thank you all for this, I think this is the best thread on installing this I have seen. I have one request / issue though.

I am still on OMV4 (I know, I know, just too scared to upgrade in place and lose things).

Can the above stacks be translated into docker-compose commands that I can run on OMV4? I have a ton of other dockers running and stood up AdGuard this way with just a very long docker-compose and have to imagine this is possible since I don't have the magic that is OMV5 and portainer.

Thanks all, great thread.

• Thanks, figured it out. That was the easier part than the port forward it seems. The compose doesn't seem to be able to get out to see what it needs to see despite having my router set up. I will try again tomorrow. My router is behind a second router as a DMZ (long story, not double NAT tho) and I'm wondering if the port forwards aren't making it out through the DMZ.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, figured it out. That was the easier part than the port forward it seems. The compose doesn't seem to be able to get out to see what it needs to see despite having my router set up. I will try again tomorrow. My router is behind a second router as a DMZ (long story, not double NAT tho) and I'm wondering if the port forwards aren't making it out through the DMZ.

I'll just tell you, that is a problem. I went through that exact problem with someone a few weeks ago and we never got it figured out. The problem (to make it fairly simple)

Nas connected to router A, where he forwarded the ports.

Router A, was dmz'd with Router B, which connected to the modem then the internet

Best I could tell, the ports needed opened on Router B, but he had no access to the router. So let's encrypt/swag could never resolve the dns issue and this couldn't get a cert, etc.

I suspect if you have access to both routers, you could do it.

• Thanks, wasn't ready to sleep so been cracking at it. Thanks for being honest. I had a feeling this was a problem since I was 99% sure I had the port forwarding set up right on my router.

I do have access to the other router, but putting the port forwards in there a second time (they were there on both routers then) didn't work unless there's a secret sauce. I needed to keep my Verizon FIOS router in for WAN signal only, I use my USG to manage my network. So I was doing the port forwards on the USG but they were likely getting stuffed at the FIOS router on the way out.

If you know a config I can make to make the forwarding make it up all the way that would be great. The only thing the Verizon router was doing so far was acting as a passthrough for my WAN and the USG's static WAN I assigned was in its DMZ to allow that to work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!