After re-installing portainer all my docker containers are not there

• Offizieller Beitrag

By default the docker storage path is /var/lib/docker

if you use the default, than the yaml files are in

/var/lib/docker/volumes/portainer_data/_data/compose

you mentioned another path in one of the posts above

\\RASPBERRYPI\Containers\volumes\portainer_data\_data\compose\2.

so I am wondering if you changed the docker storage path in your previous setup and now it is maybe back to default

• On my portainer dashboard page there is an endpoint defined as shown below. Could it be that I need to re-point portainer because the docker path in OMV-extras is correct.

URL/var/run/docker.sock
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The screenshot looks definitely wrong.

First try if clearing browser cache changes anything.

If not I would make a backup of

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1c0dc0b4-d37c-4a43-b9ed-597a8dd4f64f/Containers/volumes/portainer_data

then remove portainer and reinstall it. Both from omv-extras.

The volume should not be removed during removal, but I would prefere to have a backup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even if he didn't... as soon as he logged in to a new portainer session.. it would show his old containers, would it not? Yes, Portainer would not have any custom settings, but if the docker service is properly pointing at his containers folder, as soon as he installs Portainer and logs in, it should have all his containers there (or that is how it has been for me in the past).

Either someone has messed w/ that drive while he was gone and he doesn't know it, or somehow docker is looking in the wrong directory despite what the webUI says. OP, you mentioned a reinstall.. have you cleared your browser cache and then looked at the docker tab (Hold Cntrl click F5 while on the OMV webUI)? You could be seeing a cached setting..

I gotta bolt in a minute, but I'm curious what the the command line shows vs the webUI...

OP, what is the output of:

Code
    docker info | grep Docker

That should give you an output something like this and show the root directory docker is looking in (line 4)

Code
    ken@openmediavault:~$ docker info | grep Docker
      app: Docker App (Docker Inc., v0.9.1-beta3)
      buildx: Build with BuildKit (Docker Inc., v0.5.1-docker)
     Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-D1/Containers
    ken@openmediavault:~$ 
  • I did the control f5 and reloaded the page. I'm pretty sure it is not a cached page. The drive that holds the container's was off for two weeks

Here's the output from docker info | grep Docker

app: Docker App (Docker Inc., v0.9.1-beta3)

buildx: Build with BuildKit (Docker Inc., v0.5.1-docker)

Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1c0dc0b4-d37c-4a43-b9ed-597a8dd4f64f/Containers

WARNING: No memory limit support

WARNING: No swap limit support

WARNING: No kernel memory TCP limit support

WARNING: No oom kill disable support

WARNING: No blkio throttle.read_bps_device support

WARNING: No blkio throttle.write_bps_device support

WARNING: No blkio throttle.read_iops_device support

WARNING: No blkio throttle.write_iops_device support

• AFAIK, Portainer is just a container in docker that sees which containers are running in docker.

You can do all in compose and portainer will still sees them.

What seems more likely is that his root folder for docker is somewhat changed.

vandoe

Can you see on the OMV Gui what is the root for docker? It will look something like this (that is my path, yours will look/be different):

Then, maybe you can search the file system to find where your folders are and see if it matches:

In my case above ----^^^^

And then, my configs are on "appdata":

See what you have and try to remember how it was before.

If it looks right to you, reinstall docker and reboot.

If you see that the root folder has changed, say something and we can go from there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is the only logical conclusion I can come up with.

• I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling portainer and now it is seeing all the original containers but they are all stopped. After trying to start them I am getting a bunch of errors. For example here is the error when trying to start Nextcloud:

Failure

OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "/init": permission denied: unknown

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just finished uninstalling and reinstalling portainer and now it is seeing all the original containers but they are all stopped. After trying to start them I am getting a bunch of errors. For example here is the error when trying to start Nextcloud:

Failure

OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "/init": permission denied: unknown

Try refreshing your browser cache for Portainer (Contrl + F5 while in Portainer)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!