Hard Drive mount fails in logs but HD not connected

• I had another hard drive connected to my Pi as a temporary drive.

After removing it, I keep seeing it appear in the logs.

Have checked Disks, File Systems and Shared Folders, and it is not listed there.

But it must be somewhere, as log entries are being created every 30 seconds

Code
    May 20 06:54:10 OMVpi2 monit[888]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' not mounted
    May 20 06:54:10 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' state
    May 20 06:54:10 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' trying to restart
    May 20 06:54:10 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' status failed (1) -- mountpoint: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1: No such file or directory
    May 20 06:54:40 OMVpi2 monit[888]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' not mounted
    May 20 06:54:40 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' state
    May 20 06:54:40 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' trying to restart
    May 20 06:54:40 OMVpi2 monit[888]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-extHD1' status failed (1) -- mountpoint: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-extHD1: No such file or directory
  • DaveOB

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Happened to me once when I disconnected an external USB drive.

It was LUKS-encrypted and formatted with ext4. The filesystem was unmounted BUT I forgot to lock the drive before physically disconnecting it. And that's when the complaints started.

A simple reboot stopped the monit log entries.

(Now I have a backup OMV server instead - no more USB for me.)

• If you still see the filesystem in the output, post

omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

I logged in using Putty and ran the commands from your first post. This is what I got ( I still see the extHD1 at the end ) :

then I ran :

Code
    omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

and got this :

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, you have to use sudo

Run

sudo omv-salt deploy run monit

sudo systemctl restart monit

Then post the output of

sudo cat /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

sudo omv-confdbadm read --prettify conf.system.filesystem.mountpoint

• THANK YOU MACOM

Looks like that solved it. No clue what you told me to do, but it worked :)

Thanks again.

Regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV has a config file to store a lot of system configuration information. For some reason the filesystem itself was removed from that file, but monit was not updated. So monit was still monitoring the (missing) filesystem.

We just configured monit again based on the information in the config file.

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!