Cant make Intel Quick Sync work!

• I have a Nas powered by Intel Celeron J3455 running OMV5.x latest
    I installed Intel i965-va-driver, i also check it via ' vainfo ' cmd and it show no error
    But i cant make Handbrake or Jellyfin work with Intel Quick Sync after so much effort

On Handbrake Github they wrote this:

Intel Quick Sync Video

Intel Quick Sync Video is Intel's brand for its dedicated video encoding and decoding hardware core. It is a technology that is capable of offloading video decoding and encoding task to the integrated GPU, thus saving the CPU usage to do other tasks. As a specialized hardware core on the processor die, Quick Sync offers a much more power efficient video processing which is much superior to video encoding on a CPU.

For HandBrake to be able to use hardware-accelerated encoding, the following are required:

• Have a compatible Intel processor. To determine if your CPU has the Quick Sync Video hardware, consult this list from the Intel Ark website. The model name of your processor is printed to the container's log during its startup. Look for a message like this:
      Code
      [cont-init.d] 95-check-qsv.sh: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    • The Intel i915 graphic driver must be loaded on the host.
    • The /dev/dri device must be exposed to the container. This is done by adding the --device /dev/dri parameter to the docker run command.

I dont know where to put /dev/dri to make it work
    +if i put /dev/dri in "Container Create Page > Advanced Container Setting > Command and Logging> Commend or Entrypoint" none of these line work, they alway come out with error
    +if i add /dev/dri in "add logging driver option" and try all driver log > no work too
    I also try with stack. Here is my stack

---

version: "2"

services:

handbrake:

image: jlesage/handbrake

container_name: Handbrake

ports:

- 5800:5800

volumes:

- /Torrents/Torrents/AppData/Handbrake:/config:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake:/storage:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Video Converted Output:/output:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Auto-Convert:/watch:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Auto-Convert/Television-Shows:/watch2:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Auto-Convert/Anime-Cartoon:/watch3:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Auto-Convert/Music-Videos:/watch4:rw

- /Multimedia-Data/Multimedia/Handbrake/Auto-Convert/Others:/watch5:rw

devices:

- /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128

- /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0

- /dev/dri/:/dev/dri/

restart: unless-stopped

When i create Handbrake container with this stack they can run but cant use intel quick sync
    I also do alot of research, and cant find solution
    Please help !
    If there is some solution out there but i cant find it out
    Pls give me the link i will try to do it
    Thanks

• macom

Approved the thread.
  • I cant use option " Hardware > H265.QSV2160p or H265.QSV1080p
    The result is always failed
    I still trying
    Hope me luck lol

look at this guide How to activate Intel Quick Sync in docker (Jellyfin, Handbrake,...), I hope it helps you. It worked for me.

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes you don't understand me well:)

A backup is like a belt, you will miss it when your pants fall off. Do you want to stay in your underpants?

• look at this guide How to activate Intel Quick Sync in docker (Jellyfin, Handbrake,...), I hope it helps you. It worked for me.

I delete everything i did
    and start a new one by just copy your stack and edit path to match my case
    and then its work
    But not as i expected
    i finally figure out that Intel Quick Sync in Handbrake currently support H264 not H265 so that its no mean for me to use
    Thanks for your time
    Hope i can help u back when the time i have enough skill and knowledge

• i finally figure out that Intel Quick Sync in Handbrake currently support H264 not H265

For me it worked with H265

Your processor is Apollo Lake, it should work with H265, see this link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. I translate with google, sorry if sometimes you don't understand me well:)

A backup is like a belt, you will miss it when your pants fall off. Do you want to stay in your underpants?

• But when i chose H265 Intel QSV Encoding failed

Maybe it is a driver problem. You may need to install a different driver. Check out this link, maybe it will help

https://github.com/intel/intel-vaapi-driver

• Maybe it is a driver problem. You may need to install a different driver. Check out this link, maybe it will help

https://github.com/intel/intel-vaapi-driver

E: Unable to locate package libva-intel-vaapi-driver

I rune command on putty and its give out this error
    If i find out on debian page its will return as i965-va-driver (i installed)
    my commands are:
    sudo apt install intel-vaapi-driver

sudo apt install libva-intel-vaapi-driver

none of them work

• my commands are:
    sudo apt install intel-vaapi-driver

sudo apt install libva-intel-vaapi-driver

none of them work

according to this link, https://askubuntu.com/question…api-hardware-acceleration with the command

sudo apt-get install i965-va-driver vainfo

it should work on your cpu

• according to this link, https://askubuntu.com/question…api-hardware-acceleration with the command

it should work on your cpu

i already install it
    Putty return this

apt-get install i965-va-driver vainfo

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

i965-va-driver is already the newest version (2.3.0+dfsg1-1).

vainfo is already the newest version (2.4.0+ds1-1).

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

• 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

you have packages that can be upgraded, do this

sudo apt update

sudo apt upgrade

• Result are the same
    Encoding with H264(QSV) work , H265(QSV) is not
    when i rune command "vainfo"
    Its report that it support VAProfile.HEVCMain10. But anyway i cant make it work in Handbrake

• sorry. we have reached the limit of my knowledge. you'll have to wait for someone wiser than me ...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!