Newbie Help: Can't Do Much With OMV On Old QNAP NAS

• Hi all,

I could use some advice with getting OMV installed on some old QNAP hardware (a TS-210 to be exact). I've managed the install but it doesn't seem to be usable due to what I'm guessing are conflicts between OMV's DB & the setup of Debian on the NAS. Most the OMV device dropdowns I really need (when creating shared folders for example), don't show anyting. Now I'm assuming this is because I have a number of mounted devices that were already mounted when OMV was installed. I can't unmount the file systems because the unmount button is greyed out. The button is greyed out because they seem to be referenced but I have no services enabled apart from SSH, no file shares & no users with home directories in that mount point. But it is the mount point for root/`/` so that's probably the reason why.

So is there anyway to make OMV accept that root partition? Inserting it into the DB manually somehow? I've seen people talking about removing file systems from /etc/fstab and rebooting to ensure they are unreferenced - but that's not going to work with root. Is my only real option to start the process of flasing Debian to my QNAP NAS again but partition the drives differently? It's a fresh install so I've not managed to do anything yet.

Any pointers in the right direction would be useful.

• LTheobald

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Newbie Help: OMV On Old QNAP NAS“ zu „Newbie Help: Can't Do Much With OMV On Old QNAP NAS“ geändert.
  • LTheobald

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!