Problem With Drive

• I have a USB STICK inserted into my USB drive. When I go to "Create File System", I ask it to "Create A File System, it starts up. When it get's done this comes up "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mkfs -V -t ext4 -b 4096 -m 0 -E lazy_itable_init=0,lazy_journal_init=0 -L 'DVRStorage' '/dev/sda1' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mke2fs 1.44.5 (15-Dec-2018) /dev/sda1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!". I hit close and then the other window tells me "The Operation has completed successfully". I know that is true, because there is no device listing. So what is wrong here?

Thanks

Dan

• /dev/sda1 is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!"

The error message says that you have the operating system on that drive.

OS drive and data drives must be separate drives, can you post a list of your drives?

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

• The translation is really good.

197 posts here, some of them in German and I've only had problems a couple of times. I see the forum in my language, I only translate my answers.Google works. ;)

Okay, so if I reformat the HD, then I should be able to set it up then correct?

I am assuming this USB drive was not inserted when OMV was installed. Then it should work.

The best thanks to the help provided is to report what your solution was. The next one will thank you :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!