OMV panic. Cannot mount /srv/....

• Hey guys,

I've had OMV installed and working great for a over a week now. Using union filesystems and mergerfs with 3 2tb drives. I set this up initially with no parity? drive. Long story short:

1. Added 4th 2TB drive NTFS (with all my data on it, confirmed copied into OMV and working great with Plex.)

2. Deleted NTFS partition, created ext4, waited for drive initialization to finish.

3. Tried to rename the new drive, and accidentally renamed the boot drive. Renamed the OS drive to "Boot", renamed my new drive as intended (not sure if this matters)

4. Tried to add drive to mergerfs, and it wasn't letting me. Googled, someone recommended rebooting.

Now it boots to emergency mode and won't boot into normal mode. It says "failed to mount /srv/ac4c...." see systemctl status.

That says "use nonempty" exit fail... Same /srv/.

Emergency more says to dig through the journal and there's some seeming benign red messages, and then one about failing on the same /srv/.

Hopefully someone out there can helpe figure out what I did, my only backup copy of everything was just wiped, and the only copy I have is stuck!!!!

What did this moron do?

• I have a bunch of docker containers, and spent quite a bit of effort getting it working.

Is rebuilding my only option?

If your container folder and configuration folders (ie /config) are not on your OS drive, then it's just a simple matter of pointing docker back at your containers folder, and everything will be as it was before this happened.

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• Firstly, thanks a ton for trying to help me with this.

I see:

/dev/disk/by-uuid/997... cfc... and 114...

All three say ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0 2

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-997...:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cfc...:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-114...

/srv/a64... fuse.mergerfs defaults,allow_other,cache.files=off,use_ino, category.create=epmfs,minfreespace=4G,fsname=DrivePool:a64...,x-systemd.requires=/dev-disk-by-uuid-997...,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cfc...,x-systemd.requires=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-114... 0 0

blkid says

/dev/sda1: LABEL="Boot" UUID="3af..." TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="4c01dcb8-01"

/dev/sda5: PARTUUID="4c01dcb8-05"

/dev/sdb1: LABEL="Drive1" UUID="997..." TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="45b..."

/dev/sdc1: LABEL="Drive2" UUID="cfc..." TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="846..."

/dev/sde1: LABEL="Drive3" UUID="cb7..." TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="f25..."

/dev/sdd1: LABEL="Drive4" UUID="114..." TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="942..."

Hopefully I typed all that out right, this machine is normally headless and I have it plugged into my TV in the living room, and it won't let me ssh in.

• If your container folder and configuration folders (ie /config) are not on your OS drive, then it's just a simple matter of pointing docker back at your containers folder, and everything will be as it was before this happened.

I tried to do this, created storage within portainer, assigned what containers I could figure out how to use it.

I'm still new to docker, portainer, OMV, Debian... I'm not confident it's all where I expect it to be.

Lol

• I tried to do this, created storage within portainer, assigned what containers I could figure out how to use it.

I'm still new to docker, portainer, OMV, Debian... I'm not confident it's all where I expect it to be.

Lol

What is the output of

Code
    docker info | grep Root

That will tell you where your dockers are stored.

• It says

"errors pretty printing info" *scratches head*

That makes no sense. Are you sure you put it in right?

You should get a output something like this.

Code
    ken@openmediavault:~$ docker info | grep Root
    Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-D1/Containers
    ken@openmediavault:~$

• Tried again can confirm I typed exactly as shown.

I found a directory with containers in it, but it doesn't say where on the disk is it.

• Tried again can confirm I typed exactly as shown.

I found a directory with containers in it, but it doesn't say where on the disk is it.

what is the output of

Code
    docker info

• Client:

Context: default

Debug Mode: false

Plugins:

app: Docker App (Docker Inc., v0.9.1-beta3)

builds: Build with BuildKit (Docker Inc., v0.6.1-docker)

Server:

ERROR: Cannot connect to the docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

errors pretty printing info

• Sounds like docker isn't running

Code
    systemctl status docker | grep Active

• Docker says stopped, I'm not surprised, as ssh doesn't even work.

/docker has a bunch of folders in it, one of which is containers

• Docker says stopped, I'm not surprised, as ssh doesn't even work.

/docker has a bunch of folders in it, one of which is containers

where is /docker ?

SSH doesn't need docker to work... unless you're using wetty. You could just install Putty (or use Windows Power Shell) and SSH the server.

• This was all working just fine before, now none of this works as the OS is in some sort of angry recovery mode. I'm sure the data is somewhere but I don't know how to find exactly where. I can cd .. til my fingers cramp, then it's just in /docker

• This was all working just fine before, now none of this works as the OS is in some sort of angry recovery mode. I'm sure the data is somewhere but I don't know how to find exactly where. I can cd .. til my fingers cramp, then it's just in /docker

Is it in /var/lib/docker ?

• No, ls in /docker/containers has 17 folders of guids. Sounds about right for the number of containers. ls in /var/lib/docker/containers is empty

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!