Suggestion for a UPS

• To test this setup I would have to install OMV on a raspberry, and it's something I keep resisting

I think you can test this on a OMV VM on the laptop/desktop.

No need to use a Pi, 😉

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good idea. It had not occurred to me to think about it, I will try it.

• Been trying to follow that info but I'm feeling like a noob: (hope this is someone else's situation so to have some pointers AKA piggyback-ride :D )

Netclient Hostname # <- The LAN IP can be used????? Or does it need to be the Hostname where the UPS is plugged?

Netclient Username # <- This is where the doubt lives: can I just use any user or does it have to be a specific one?

Netclient Password # <- Password for the above user

Here is what I did today:

As discussed in another thread my UPS was not supported by nut, so i have my Raspberry Pi 1 monitoring it with the apcupsd toolkit and provide the readings to the network. The Pi has the hostname usv.xxx.xxx in my local network.

Here is one OMV listening to the UPS info on the Pi:

And I made the other OMV listen to the OMV above:

The same should work if the first omv listens to the UPS by USB.

Waht the plugin does when "Enable remote monitoring of the local connected UPS." is checke is to set the nut to MODE=netserver (instead standalone) and make the daemon listen on 0.0.0.0:3493

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Zoki

I was assuming it would be something like that.

Only doubt was the user:

Wasn't sure if it had to be an existing one OR just a name and a password.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is what I did today:

Thanks Zoki . You saved me from having to try it myself. The procedure is already added to the guide.

[How-to] use the openmediavault-nut plugin

• I run into a nearly same issue. A freshly installed 5.6.25-1 all updates are done.

The only different ist that my APC USV SMT750RMI2U is connected with an NIC Card AP9630.

btw. on my omv4 everythink works with the USV and nut.

usrmerge is being installed too

My configuration:

When i try to save this get this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color nut 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian: ---------- ID: configure_nut_nut_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/nut.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/nut.conf is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.296321 Duration: 26.157 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_ups_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/ups.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/ups.conf is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.322611 Duration: 7.228 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsd_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsd.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsd.conf is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.329958 Duration: 9.944 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsd_users Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsd.users Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsd.users updated Started: 10:59:26.340022 Duration: 10.195 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,11 +1,11 @@ # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. [admin] -password = lMzLmJM96pl7ocvf +password = yBVERq2iHhi1XDKT actions = set actions = fsd instcmds = ALL [monmaster] -password = aoRT69hc9EywL7o2 +password = gOsHwInGiZ9fM5Ik upsmon master ---------- ID: configure_nut_upsmon_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upsmon.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upsmon.conf updated Started: 10:59:26.350329 Duration: 16.581 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@ # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org) # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost. -MONITOR ups 1 monmaster aoRT69hc9EywL7o2 master +MONITOR ups 1 monmaster gOsHwInGiZ9fM5Ik master MINSUPPLIES 1 SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0" NOTIFYCMD "/sbin/upssched" ---------- ID: configure_nut_upssched_conf Function: file.managed Name: /etc/nut/upssched.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/nut/upssched.conf is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.367032 Duration: 8.777 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_default_upssched_cmd Function: file.managed Name: /etc/default/upssched-cmd Result: True Comment: File /etc/default/upssched-cmd is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.375935 Duration: 1.545 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_udev_serialups_rule Function: file.managed Name: /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules Result: True Comment: File /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules is in the correct state Started: 10:59:26.377593 Duration: 1.51 ms Changes: ---------- ID: configure_nut_udevadm_trigger Function: cmd.run Name: udevadm trigger Result: True Comment: State was not run because none of the onchanges reqs changed Started: 10:59:26.379984 Duration: 0.009 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_nut_driver_service Function: service.running Name: nut-driver Result: False Comment: Job for nut-driver.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status nut-driver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Started: 10:59:26.393206 Duration: 73.309 ms Changes: ---------- ID: start_nut_server_service Function: service.running Name: nut-server Result: True Comment: Service restarted Started: 10:59:26.501238 Duration: 913.472 ms Changes: ---------- nut-server: True ---------- ID: monitor_nut_server_service Function: module.run Result: True Comment: monit.monitor: True Started: 10:59:27.416727 Duration: 13.347 ms Changes: ---------- monit.monitor: True ---------- ID: start_nut_monitor_service Function: service.running Name: nut-monitor Result: True Comment: Service restarted Started: 10:59:27.464851 Duration: 60.022 ms Changes: ---------- nut-monitor: True ---------- ID: monitor_nut_monitor_service Function: module.run Result: True Comment: monit.monitor: True Started: 10:59:27.525220 Duration: 12.108 ms Changes: ---------- monit.monitor: True Summary for debian ------------- Succeeded: 13 (changed=6) Failed: 1 ------------- Total states run: 14 Total run time: 1.154 s
  • on detail :

systemctl status nut-driver.service shows:

• journalctl -xe shows me:

Anyone a idea how to fix this ?

• you are using the wrong driver. If the UPS is on the network, use apcupsd

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hello Zoki

no luck with this:

• ifix it with this :

• Hello Zoki

no luck with this:

Did you saw that you're setting an IP where it should be a port?!?

Set it to auto:

• I do have a BX1400U-GR which does not properly report input.voltage to nut but it works perfectly well with apcupsd.

If someone can report the EATON works with nut, i qould go for it. Otherwise you have to map apcupsd to nut or ignore wrong input voltage.

I just wanted to let you know:

• Some other APC BackUPS BX models (EU market) are effected as well.
    • The bug has been found (APC has a firmware bug in some models of the BackUPS which reports a false upper limit for voltage values) and a workaround been implemented in nut.
    • Once there is a new nut release, the fix will be officially rolled out, but the last nut release was in 2016 ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!