Help troubleshooting what causes webgui to not log in

• I am on Firefox and periodically I cannot login to the webgui on the same browser until I do a full cache/cookie clean. It just returns to the login site (no error message).

I have the plugin "autoclean" and its rules are bypassed for localhost but using its inbuilt cleaning tools (cache, localstorage etc) does not fix the problem of being unable to login - which seems strange. If I open a private browser or do a complete cache/cookie clean then I can log in again.

I have tried looking in the system log files to see if any error messages appear but cannot find anything. There's is nothing in the browser console either that suggests what the problem might be.

This happens all the time across my different devices.

• I saw this thread before but I have a ton of space on the disk so the root filesystem is intact. The problem is something more specific to the webbrowser i feel since opening a private tab or clearing the global cache/cookies clears the problem.

• Space should not be an issue, lots of free space and it works in private window / other browser so I think it is a browser thing.

Try to find out what is wrong:

1. Open the browser which is not working
    2. Open the development tools (F12)
    3. chose Tab Network
    4. Clear the contetns if there is som (second icon from the left)
    5. Load the OMV url
    6. Try to log in (type both user name and password, do not use a password manager)
    7. paste a copy auf the urls in the network window.

Next steps might reveal your password, so be prepared to change it later.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Here are the errors from the console. But these I get even when I can log in ok.

Code
    downloadable font: kern: Too large subtable (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: http://192.168.0.2/extjs6/classic/theme-triton/resources/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf 

downloadable font: Table discarded (font-family: "Open Sans" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: http://192.168.0.2/extjs6/classic/theme-triton/resources/fonts/OpenSans-Regular.ttf

Included is a screenshot from the network tab.

• It could be an addon in Firefox that is causing the problem but it's hard to narrow down which one. The problem doesn't repair itself until the browser is restarted after disabling some addons. I will try and narrow it down.

• Keep the network window open, click login and watch for blocked or 404 requests.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!