Can't change SMB/CIFS config due to error applying new settings

• I'm running my OMV 5.6.24-1 on a RasPi4 for more than a year with the sole purpose of sharing my media library across a bunch of USB disks.

It's fully updated regularly with all available patches, and everything is configured as simple as possible.

Today I needed to change an option under SMB/CIFS > Advanced settings, but every time I try to apply the new settings, I get the error below. Even just changing Log Level from "None" to "Normal" throws the same error.

I also have a similar OMV running an older version 5.6.2-1 just for testing which does not have this issue, so I'm suspecting there's some bug with the latest build.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you.

• (Continuation)

I'm not a Linux guy but I don't mind getting my hands on the command line, however I googled around and couldn't find any hints for this issue.

I tried to manually start nmbd.service, but I have the same error saying that mbd.service is masked (whatever that means):

###:~ $ sudo systemctl enable nmbd.service

Synchronizing state of nmbd.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.

Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable nmbd

Failed to enable unit: Unit file /etc/systemd/system/nmbd.service is masked.

###:~ $ file /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install

/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install: POSIX shell script, ASCII text executable

###:~ $ cat /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install

Thanks again.

/Nuno

• systemctl unmask nmbd.service

systemctl start nmbd.service

Thanks so much for the quick response, issue fixed!

I guess the solution was so easy that I couldn't' find it anywhere, and definitely too easy for me to find it. :D

Well, but at least now others can find this solution more easily, hopefully.

Thanks!

/Nuno

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!