• Just tried to get wireguard up and running on my OMV 5. Used the guide from the forum and Portainer 2.11.1. I have the following error and google is showing any useful info on this error.

Code
    Deployment error
    failed to deploy a stack: 
    Container wireguard Creating Container wireguard Created Container wireguard Starting Error response from daemon: 
    driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint wireguard (9a47df36fabb47ec02da8d928a3d6469a5e2872b413594a138018e4e6f0d5503): 
    Error starting userland proxy: listen udp4 0.0.0.0:51820: bind: address already in use

Below is my stack in portainer:

I added the port forwarding as follows:

Code
        #    Service Name    External Port    External IP Address    Internal Port    Internal IP Address
    3        Wireguard        UDP: 51820              Any               UDP: 51820    OMV server IP

Any guesses as to what is wrong?

• - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1c0dc0b4-d37c-4a43-b9ed-597a8dd4f64f/Docker-Config:/lib/module

Is this correct?

You better read the guide one more time.

It should be:

Code
          - /lib/modules:/lib/modules
  • I tried it and it made no difference. I'm under the impression that what comes before the colon is whatever folder and drive I'm working in so /Docker-Config: /lib/modules should work just the same as - /lib/modules:/lib/modules. the first one adds /lib/modules to my existing folder Docker-Config and the second creates new folders /lib/modules on my disk.

• And this

Code
    Error starting userland proxy: listen udp4 0.0.0.0:51820: bind: address already in use

means there is already something listening on that port. Are you trying to start it twice?

Nevertheless what soma said is correct regarging /lib/modules

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• So I've deleted the wireguard install and recreated it with the following stack

Still get the same error. Nothing else is looking at port 51820. Do you see anything wrong with this file?

• Try change this

Code
        ports:
          - 51820:51820/udp               #To change see next post

to

Code
        ports:
          - 51823:51820/udp               #To change see next post

and start agian. If you still get the message undo it and we need to look deeper.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Changing the ports to this:

Code
    ports:
    - 51823:51820/udp #To change see next post

Allowed the stack to run without error, but I would still like to stick with the original and clear port 51820. I don't understand why removing wireguard completely would still leave something looking at that port. Is there some way to figure out how to clear that port?

• On the router, change the portforward to 51820 on the WAN and to IP of the wireguard host:51823 UDP only.

You can leave that stack as is.

• Was just an experiment to see if the error message is real and prove this to you.

you can either do what soma suggested or find out what is using your part.

If you only stop containers they still occupy the ports, you have to remove them.

Portainer will show you all containers and their ports.

Or from the cli netstat-tulpen

• Everything is now working however the guide implies you can get access to server drives and files but doesn't say how. I can get to OMV 5 console by just putting serverip:85. I was also able to set up a remote access on my phone with file manager by choosing SFTP connection on port 22 so I thought putting serverip:22 would also work but it doesn't. Is there another way?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everything is now working however the guide implies you can get access to server drives and files but doesn't say how.

Wireguard provides you connection to your local network as if you were inside it, even if you are away from home. Then you just need a file manager on your client that is capable of accessing your network shares.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!