OMV 3.2.0-4 failed to start with the following error [ 2.920254] EXT4-fs (sdc1): write access unavailable, cannot proceed

• OMV 3.2.0-4 failed to start with the following error

loading please wait...

/dev/md0 has been started with 2 drives

[ 2.920254] EXT4-fs (sdc1): write access unavailable, cannot proceed

mount : mounting /dev/disk/by-uuid/ {hexadecimal number}

failed: invalid argument

mount: mounting /dev on /root/dev failed: No such file or directory

target filesystem doesnt have requested /sbin/init.

No init found. Try passing init = bootarg.

Busybox v1.20.2 (Debian 1: 1.20.0-7) built in shell (ash)

Enter "help" for a list of built in commands

/bin/sh: cant access tty: job control turned off

(initrmfs)

I can type commands here so have access to shell

Here is a picture of the screen showing error and version of OMV + on one of the boot ups i had a strage R! in the LH corner of the screen?

https://imgur.com/a/cu7snUu

Any direction would be helpful , thank you

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Can you tell us what you did before that happened? It looks like you os disk is not present or has not the expected files.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi , Zoki

Did nothing at all NAS was switched off went to switch it on and this is the message .

I am currently trying to install OMV 6 with difficulty and if I can migrate the DATA disks over then that maybe a solution , but its proving very difficult to install OMV6. (it is about time I came back into the 21st Century , have been on OMV 3 for years)

I am guessing the OS USB scandisk flashdrive is either faulty as it seems to have gone into read only mode.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!