Is there a guide to in place upgrade?

• Code
    root@openmediavault:~# systemctl status proftpd
    ● proftpd.service - ProFTPD FTP Server
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/proftpd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2023-04-01 15:20:54 EDT; 55min ago
            CPU: 21ms
  • Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediav
    ii  openmediavault                   6.3.7-1                        all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory       6.2                            all          folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      6.1.1                          all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-resetperms        6.0.2                          all          Reset Permissions
    • Offizieller Beitrag

ok, 6.3.7-1 had a bug, but had already proftp removed and replaced by a plugin

try

apt remove proftpd-core

check it will not remove openmediavault. If it wants to remove openmediavault press "n" and post the output here.

If it goes well run a omv-upgrade

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    error: hostname: The value 'openmediavault.local.local' is not a valid hostname

Try to fix the hostname in the GUI in Network>General. Delete a .local

Or post the result to CLI of

hostname

• I have done a reboot and my OMV interface is no longer working...

I am getting 403 Forbidden nginx

Loaded sudo omv-salt stage run deploy on Putty and getting : sudo: omv-salt: command not found

I think OMV6 and OMV5 got mixed...

Docker and Portainer are working though

What do you recommend?

Thanks!

• I did follow all the steps and got a message that upgrade was successful. I noticed the upgrade went very fast....

However when rebooting, I figured out that I was still on OMV5.

Then I saw lots of upgrades to do, which I did, then when I rebooted I got the 403 Forbidden nginx

Am I able to recover this?

Thanks

• See below :

• Code
    root@openmediavault:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    rc  openmediavault                      5.6.26-1                            all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    rF  openmediavault-flashmemory          5.0.9                               all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rH  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         5.6.6                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    rc  openmediavault-resetperms           5.0                                 all          Reset Permissions
    rc  openmediavault-shellinabox          3.4                                 all          Web-based SSH client.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

just run the fix5to6upgrade script. search the forum on it for more details.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a specific command I need to run?

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/fix5to6upgrade | sudo bash

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you please elaborate?

Is there a specific command I need to run?

Or could you please provide the link with detailed steps...

You have to try... If you literally search the forum (top right hand magnifying glass) for fix5to6upgrade, you will see people posting what to do time and time and time again.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!