Is there a guide to in place upgrade?

• Just to let everyone know that on an Intel NUC (Celeron) running the latest available OMV 5.x, I had to update in-place on-device to OMV 6.x to check an error (most likely hardware). System on USB, SSD only data (single) partition.

I followed the instructions in post #2 and I launched sudo omv-release-upgrade process after the needed checks. All went smoothly. Rebooted, did omv-upgrade, rebooted, system is now at 6.3.10-2 (Shaitan) and vanilla kernel: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.6-amd64.

Many thanks to everyone in the thread for your valuable feedback.

OpenMediaVault 6.9.13-1 • Intel NUC NUC6CAYH • Intel Celeron J3455 • 2x4GB RAM • Samsung 870 QVO 4TB • USB Boot (System)

• updated successfully from 5 to 6 following post #2; no major "gotcha's", but my setup is extremely simple with only SAMBA and KVM being of vital significance...

t

a couple of things that surprized me a little with... uh, uncertainties (or errors): NUT plugin would not let me "accept changes required", and KVM plugin did not get re-installed automagically. Un/Re-installing didn't quite help until openmediavault-compose plugin was installed --> system up and running without any issues.

Soma, ryecoaaron  macom and the rest of the contributors -- the depths of your patience only match the vastness of your expertise :)

thank you!

• When I try and prepare for the upgrade with sudo omv-update I get the following:

What does this mean? Are the repo addresses old? What am I meant to do with this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What does this mean?

It means you waited about 2 years to long to fix your system - omv-extras repos moving to github

omv 7.1.1-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.1.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It means you waited about 2 years to long to fix your system - omv-extras repos moving to github

Thanks so much for responding and pointing me to that link. I followed those instructions and I still have issues when I try and update my system. I am now seeing the following:

These seem like actual Debian issues, are they important? How can I resolve the addresses or the repos?

• It means you waited about 2 years to long to fix your system - omv-extras repos moving to github

I still have the following problems when I try and upgrade the release to 6.x Still seems to be a signature problem but I don't know how to repair it. Am I better of just reinstalling at this point? I am terrified to lose information and also docker images running.

Code
    Err:12 http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu hirsute InRelease
      The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY FCAE110B1118213C
    Reading package lists... Done
    W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu hirsute InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY FCAE110B1118213C
    E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/graphics-drivers/ppa/ubuntu hirsute InRelease' is not signed.
    N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Don't know why it is trying to do that...I didn't ask it to.

Nothing OMV will add those.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.1.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

• Offizieller Beitrag

How would I tell the system to stop it?

No idea. Something you did is telling the system to add them. That could be anything. Maybe running some script??

• Maybe something to do with Graphics Drivers for Vulkan? Or something similar?

unreal engine4 - Unable to install vulkan on ubuntu 20.04 - Stack Overflow

• Thanks everyone, I got it figured out and was able to upgrade to OMV6. What is the deal with portainer and docker in OMV6? I see the docker images are running (I can load Plex) but I can't manage the containers anymore?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the deal with portainer and docker in OMV6?

• I am in dire need of help.

So.. I did hit ctrl-c mid sudo omv-release-upgrade:

I wanted to copy a warning that poped up just in case I need it later :

Code
    dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/util': Directory not empty
    dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory '/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep': Directory not empty

Stopping the update logs the following with a list of the affected packages after it:

Code
    W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.
    W: Operation was interrupted before it could finish
    W: APT had planned for dpkg to do more than it reported back (628 vs 2759).

How bad is it can I 'resume' it some how by rerunning the command or something?

More log info

Even if I can resume in some way would the update be guaranteed as if everything went ok the first try? Is it overall better to restoring my backup and then do a clean release upgrade?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von h3dkandi () aus folgendem Grund: English plz

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try: sudo apt-get -f install

It might tell you to run a dpkg command. I would do that. If those go well, I would then run the fix5to6upgrade script.

• What is you definition of "well"?

I replaced couple of files that had 'conflicts' during install with the package owner version and not mine. More importantly it ended with errors:

Should I continue with the fix5to6upgrade script?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is you definition of "well"?

Not that.

I replaced couple of files that had 'conflicts' during install with the package owner version and not mine

bad idea. I would restore from backup now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!