OMV 6 API

• Hello,

is there an API for OMV 6 available? At Home Assistant forums the question is raised, so that the integration of OMV in HA can be made compatible...

If it is available, please tell us, where. ;)

Thank you very much.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there an API for OMV 6 available?

No rest api but rpc is available via rpc.php and omv-rpc on the host. Maybe these would help:

https://openmediavault.readthe…mv_rpc.html?highlight=rpc

https://github.com/dunderrrrrr/openmediavault-fastapi-docker

https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=2089

https://github.com/doodz/OMVRemote2_git

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

We do need recent documentation, as what we use for OMV 5 does not play well with OMV 6

My bad. I didn't know HA was already doing things with OMV. I wouldn't have linked all of those things if I realized that.

While I don't envision OMV 6.x changing from where it is now, it hasn't been released yet. What doesn't play well? I know a few of the rpc calls have changed but not in a major way. I don't know what HA is doing with OMV either. So, hard to help there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

needs some info

Was there a particular api that wasn't working. The first two I looked at (System/getInformation and Diskmgmt/enumerateDevices) haven't changed.

• I just checked and it claims to have these features:

• Filesystem usage sensors
    • System sensors (CPU, Memory, Uptime)
    • System status sensors (Available updates, Required reboot and Dirty config)
    • Disk and smart sensors

Don't you think it is wise to collect these figures with one of the gazillion monitoring tools out there for debian systems instead using an non official API?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Just to clarify, I'm looking for documentation with all entry points and response codes. I can only find OMV4 API docs.

So far it is just very basic integration because I had to go blindly and dig through omv sources.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just to clarify, I'm looking for documentation with all entry points and response codes. I can only find OMV4 API docs.

So far it is just very basic integration because I had to go blindly and dig through omv sources.

I was digging through the sources as well. The automated api docs haven't been run in a long time. So, that is why they are still on OMV 4.x. I don't even know if the process still works.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess that will be only way forward then.

We could let votdev tell us if the api docs process still works.

• We could let votdev tell us if the api docs process still works.

I would appreciate that.

I personally dont use OMV anymore, which makes maintaining integration more difficut. But there are many users who use the integration and there are no alternatives, so I dont want to discontinue it.

I would like to improve the integration and add OMV6 support.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I personally dont use OMV anymore

I'm afraid that to see new api docs, you would have to start using it again :D

• Nice. What do the HA users want to monitor?

I am using some icinga2/nagios scripts to monitor and telegraf , but not using the API.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Nice. What do the HA users want to monitor?

I am using some icinga2/nagios scripts to monitor and telegraf , but not using the API.

Its more about triggering automations based on values and control services on OMV.

I personally use NAS API to trigger snapshots and offsiting based on activity per dataset, utilization on internet gateway and presence.

I know its an overkill, but it adds quite a bit of comfort and reliability.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just noticed an update for a package wsdd. Don't know much about it.Maybe samba info you are looking for could be available from that?

wsdd implements both a Web Service Discovery (WSD) host and a WSD client daemon. The host implementation enables (Samba) hosts, like your local NAS device, to be found by Web Service Discovery clients like Windows. The client mode allows searching for other WSD hosts on the local network.

wsdd 0.7+gitc87819b Web Services on Devices (WSD) daemon 

Web Services on Devices (WSD) is a Microsoft API to simplify programmingconnections to web service enabled devices, such as Printers, Scannersand File Shares.

This daemon advertises and responds to probe requests from Windowsclients looking for File Shares.

Maintainer: Volker Theile <volker.theile@openmediavault.org>

Repository: openmediavault.org archive/shaitan

Size: 18.71 KiB

https://www.mankier.com/1/wsdd Might be better links

• Offizieller Beitrag

hmm, "smb", "getShareList" reports None. Thats very weird.

This command works sudo omv-rpc -u admin "SMB" "getShareList" '{"start":0,"limit":25}'. Are you passing start and limit? They are required.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!