Really impressed by the new APFS file system

• This morning i installed the latest beta release of OMV7 aka FalseNAS just to see that the file system performance has quadrupled compared to the classic ext4. Probably this is due to the fact that APFS can now use my USB-sticks a cache for my HDDs. Applying advanced memory comression techniques it was able to cache allmost the whole content of the HHDs.

I ran a few tests and had to notice that it not only got much faster but increased in usabel disk space.

While I did not had enough time to investigate on all the new features included one of the main things I found was that switching to FreeBSD/Hurd reduced the number of Out Of Memory Errors when starting multiple containers with heavy load.

Well done votdev. Can't wait for the final release!

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also ported all of the plugins to this new version including all of the plugins that I hadn't ported from 3.x, 4.x, and 5.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you ryecoaaron . Installed them, most of them work, but the looflirpa-plugin has a bug. If you leave the defaults. hit save and apply the screen turns all blue with some white text on it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the looflirpa-plugin has a bug. If you leave the defaults. hit save and apply the screen turns all blue with some white text on it.

You have to install Windows for that plugin to work. I'm surprised Volker didn't mention the experimental Windows support for OMV 7.x.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• linuxserver/looflirpa doesn't have this bug.

I switched to the linuxserver container and now what: ALL IS GONE!

no more APFS performance and I am really missing Hurd.

I am going to stop now with all that, s....

You have to install Windows for that plugin to work. I'm surprised Volker didn't mention the experimental Windows support for OMV 7.x.

I am going to wait for OMV8 on Windows 16.

• OMV is pretty awesome! I am new to OMV and I really like it a lot and now I see that you are making it native APFS and I just want to say you guys are awesome. When this comes out will you have to erase your Raid and reformat? If that's the case then since I have not written that much data so far maybe it might be a good idea to beta test now? I know this is a pretty old thread is OMV7 getting released any time soon?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read somewhere after that that it was planned for 2029? I have been having some fun playing around with it this. Pretty much seems like the possibilities are endless.

You are going to be banned for trolling soon. Not only does OMV not support apfs, you didn't read anywhere that OMV 7 would be released in 2029. That is ridiculous.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look at the date....

• I just happen to be on a Mac using APFS file system and I saw this post and afterwords I came across that other post. I have been having a lot of fun learning something new here. Sorry if I came off like a troll. I had bought a Teramaster lets just say that this operating system is a huge upgrade. The Teramaster TOS. You have no idea how much I appreciate OMV. Have any of you had any success setting up DNSCRYPT? I just set up a pihole in docker and was thinking about plugging the pihole into DNSCRYPT.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yeah I know both of those threads were old. Sorry, if my ignorance offended anyone.

They are April Fools posts. You didn't offend anyone. I just wanted to make sure you weren't a spammer/troll.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I 100% was not trying to troll anyone or offend anyone. I am looking forward to learning more about OMV. I totally didn't mean to come off like that.

I believe that. I am going to close this thread. You can open a new one if you have other questions.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!